Lt. Commander
I'm trying to stay positive but someone obviously dropped the ball. I sincerely hope you guys get the servers fixed but I think you are going to get hammered when the retail launches. Did you think no one was going to play the game or?

This is STAR TREK! (sparta)
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 05:12 PM
People who want to play the game have known about it for a long time already. Retail launch isn't going to add that many more people.

Infact, after the grace period is over, I expect to see less people, in particular those who canceled their pre-orders are just playing headstart to the grace period cause they can.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 05:15 PM
I think it's going to get worse when retail hits the stores.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumoben View Post
People who want to play the game have known about it for a long time already. Retail launch isn't going to add that many more people.

Infact, after the grace period is over, I expect to see less people, in particular those who canceled their pre-orders are just playing headstart to the grace period cause they can.
Wow. Here I thought I was pessimistic but this is downright bleak. There can't possibly be more than 60,000 players in headstart. And you expect to see less?

Not bashing you. I'm actualy in your corner.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raldar View Post
Wow. Here I thought I was pessimistic but this is downright bleak. There can't possibly be more than 60,000 players in headstart. And you expect to see less?

Not bashing you. I'm actualy in your corner.
I expect to see less after the grace period, but after Cryptic fixes majority of the bugs, and adds more content, and the game truly kicks off..

A MMO's true launch is never the "Headstart" or "Retail Launch"..

Look at WoW, it didn't magically have millions of subs. Blizzard had to work for it, they had to fix bugs, stability issues, add content, ect before they got there.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:

There will be many more people, only a portion of people are hardcore enough gamers that preorder and get into headstarts and such. Retail launch will see a big surge of people i imagine. Its after the 30 period that people will fall off, as with every MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 05:22 PM
Quote:
PLEASE someone tell me you don't work for Cryptic cause you're obviously missing a logic chip or two.....or twenty.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddworld View Post
PLEASE someone tell me you don't work for Cryptic cause you're obviously missing a logic chip or two.....or twenty.
If I did, my name would be in yellow.. I think you're missing a common sense chip somewhere.

And honestly, Retail Launches for games are big most of the time because people are going out to pick up their pre-orders... Not new purchase commitments.

Also, its usually for games that open their servers on release day, without a headstart period.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 05:26 PM
Time will tell because Teus. the 2nd isn't far away. It's not enough time to fix anything properly, which should of been done earlier than headstart weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 05:27 PM
Quote:
I expect to see less after the grace period, but after Cryptic fixes majority of the bugs, and adds more content, and the game truly kicks off..

A MMO's true launch is never the "Headstart" or "Retail Launch"..

Look at WoW, it didn't magically have millions of subs. Blizzard had to work for it, they had to fix bugs, stability issues, add content, ect before they got there.
5 years ago I would have agreed with this, but there was no competition there. People had either WoW or SWG. SWG was already out a few months and was already hemmoraghing subscriptions.

Now, people have other options, including Old Faithful - WoW. There will not be as much patience. ***, TR, WAR, and Cryptic's own CO can attest to that. If you don't get it right on your first try, you may not get another.