Lt. Commander
I love how this "mature" community is currently filling this forum with complaints, rants, ect... It's been day 2 of the headstart and were already seeing "I quit" "account canceled" when the game is just a little laggy. The servers are getting hit hard and its VERY understandable for anyone who has ever played a previous MMO launch. They are always borked in some form.

WoW lagged to hell and back at launch and there was barely any end game content and PvP. Same with ***, EQ, EQ2, Vanguard.... The list goes on... In fact, STO has been above average in terms of MMO launches.

They are trying to maximize performance on 1 server.... Why launch 2 servers when they don't know if they will have the players or the need for it right away?

Anyways, the devs dont deserve these hate posts about quitting yadda yadda when they spent all this time creating a Star Trek game for YOU, the fans. Even if it isn't the greatest game, its here and it will grow and expand in time. So why spoil it by being negative nancies all over the forums?

Overall: The compainers remind me of a child in Toys R Us not getting what he wants so he sits there and cries until he gets what he wants. WAHHH Give me my borg!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by isomer View Post
I love how this "mature" community is currently filling this forum with complaints, rants, ect... It's been day 2 of the headstart and were already seeing "I quit" "account canceled" when the game is just a little laggy. The servers are getting hit hard and its VERY understandable for anyone who has ever played a previous MMO launch. They are always borked in some form.

WoW lagged to hell and back at launch and there was barely any end game content and PvP. Same with ***, EQ, EQ2, Vanguard.... The list goes on... In fact, STO has been above average in terms of MMO launches.

They are trying to maximize performance on 1 server.... Why launch 2 servers when they don't know if they will have the players or the need for it right away?

Anyways, the devs dont deserve these hate posts about quitting yadda yadda when they spent all this time creating a Star Trek game for YOU, the fans. Even if it isn't the greatest game, its here and it will grow and expand in time. So why spoil it by being negative nancies all over the forums?

Overall: The compainers remind me of a child in Toys R Us not getting what he wants so he sits there and cries until he gets what he wants. WAHHH Give me my borg!
Sorry, you lost me when i read you played WOW. Please take your low standards and leave the premises, dismissed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
At least the empolyees at Toys'r'us communication with their customers. FAIL
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 04:13 PM
Cryptic is about to launch a game that's not ready to be launched. And a ton of people paid good money for a game that was ready. Although I might have agreed with you about people containing about content and technical issues, I'm completely with the 'children' on this one.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 04:13 PM
People should have expected all of this, TBH. Must be their first MMO.

I have a lot of criticism for this game but a FUBAR launch is not one of them.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 04:14 PM
All the babies here need their fix. Got milk?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 04:20 PM
Quote:

I would agree with you if this were Closed or even Open Beta. However, this is actually a pre-Launch. Launch is in two days and servers are not stable OR Cryptic is taking them down to TRY fixes far too much. Now during a CB or OB there really is no reason to complain...it IS beta afterall. But now that we are in pre-launch, there should not be these things happening so frequently.....and I don't care what MMO's "normally" are like a launch.

The straw that really broke the back here is the addition of queues. Queues that take anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour to get through are not acceptable. Then you add the fact that if you are lucky enough to get in, you still may not be lucky enough to be able to finsih a mission. If you do finish a mission, you may not get another. And then.....back to the back of the line of the que. That is not fun and I paid money to have fun at this point.