Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Season 8 Dev Blog #28
12-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Lead Writer Christine "Kestrel" Thompson reveals more details about Michael Dorn reprising his role as Worf in STO in this entry of the Season 8 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 2
12-09-2013, 01:13 PM
Heard his work in the KDF storyline for the first time this morning, playing my new KDF Tac. After remembering to turn voice volume back on (er-hem), I can say that his work really enhances the already..err..enhanced KDF tutorial. As does having him congratulate me on promotion

If you ever do a Cardassian faction, I hope you can get Andrew Robinson, Marc Alaimo or Casey Biggs to do some voice work for STO. The addition of voice work is a big boon for the game.
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Empire Veteran
# 3
12-09-2013, 01:17 PM
I already have 18 kdf characters but will be great to hear/see the changes

As well as having a good reason for those who do not have any KDF characters to start making some

I can't wait for the mogh too
Captain
# 4
12-09-2013, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Oh, and we?ve got a special promotion we?ll be revealing soon where KDF captains will be able to claim a free starting Bird of Prey from the C-Store! This will be perfect for new KDF characters
Is this existing ones as well?

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
12-09-2013, 01:31 PM
A lot of his voice work is in the game now. One of the reasons I remade a KDF char.

Looking forward to the Bop event though.

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) - I only play one char now, such is the state of the game..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Captain
# 6
12-09-2013, 01:31 PM
Alas 8 chars is my full roster.. Almost tempting to make a new KDF but oh well
Career Officer
# 7
12-09-2013, 01:32 PM
I just started a new KDF character yesterday. If I knew these changes coming I would have waited.
Nevertheless, even the current VO in the missions enhance the gameplay a ton. It was a long time ago since my last (first) KDF was created and I have to say it works a hundred times better and different now. Especially the implementation of K'mtar is really good.

Just sad that I will miss the free BoP... or do existing players get the chance to claim it afterwards?

Btw. I realized how great actually BoPs are when it comes to fighting with style during my gameplay. We definetly need more Bird of Preys and the K'vort at Endgame. No matter what the opinion of Gecko is.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
12-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Hell yes. HELL YES!!!!!

Thanks BranFlakes! I am in heaven!
Career Officer
# 9
12-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegon1ice View Post
I just started a new KDF character yesterday. If I knew these changes coming I would have waited.(
For what? These changes were added when Season 8 launched :|
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Captain
# 10
12-09-2013, 01:47 PM
Very nice updates indeed. And a very nice promotion you plan. Assuming the Mogh is out this thursday, seems like a new golden age for KDF.

Probably won't last long but hey, let's rejoice anyway.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the 'direction by Skype'. Ehm, you mean like Mr Dorn has been recording all in the studio pretty much by himself while you were just listening in on Skype and trying to give him some context here and there? That could explain some places where the VO wasn't what I'd call perfect...
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Add Tier 6 staple KDF ship types: Carrier and Bird of prey.
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!

Last edited by toiva; 12-09-2013 at 01:53 PM.