Lt. Commander
# 1 Haha, a login queue
01-31-2010, 02:10 PM
Never even saw this in the beta. What a joke. I paid you a lifetime way in freaking advance and now you're making me wait in a hell long queue.

Clearly these devs are unprepared and I don't remain hopeful it is going to improve soon.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 02:12 PM
They briefly tested it towards the end of Beta. If you were following the forums you probably saw all the requests for a queue system to be implimented? Our requests were answered.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 02:13 PM
There should be no need for such long queues with instance based mechanic. Utter joke. They are unprepared and haven't put the $$$ in place for servers/machines to handle the amount of people they are getting.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 02:16 PM
w00t i paid 300$ to wait in a login queque like in a Free to play MMO , Nice job CRYPTIC

I got d/c of course, and now i`m 242 of 1154 in line
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 02:16 PM
This is a terrible terrrible launch for a game and really is just damaging their image. They are totally turning people off this game. Its a great game, but **** like this is totally unacceptable.

I actually don't get excited to launch up the game because I know every time I play I'll either be kicked off or the game will crash or now I have to wait in a queue.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by terror_adagio
There should be no need for such long queues with instance based mechanic. Utter joke. They are unprepared and haven't put the $$$ in place for servers/machines to handle the amount of people they are getting.
And you think you could have planned it better?

It is always actually a good sign that we are having these issues now, it has been stated from Cryptic that more servers are on the way, but you see they do not have a server magician that can ust wave his little usb stick, mumble a few words, and the server appears out of no where.... they actually have to buy then, get them shipped, install them, test them, then go live.

Not everything is as black and white as you try to make out.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksty
And you think you could have planned it better?

It is always actually a good sign that we are having these issues now, it has been stated from Cryptic that more servers are on the way, but you see they do not have a server magician that can ust wave his little usb stick, mumble a few words, and the server appears out of no where.... they actually have to buy then, get them shipped, install them, test them, then go live.

Not everything is as black and white as you try to make out.
Its actually quite black and white. They are unprepared. This isn't a head start at all. I don't know how anyone could even call it that. See, you need to be able to actually play the game to call it a head"start". When I try to "start" I have to wait forever to get in.

This is Star Trek. They should have known it would be popular. Its as popular as Star Wars. Sorry, but they can't plead ignornace because they weren't sure how many people would play. Thats why they did the closed and open betas. They had plenty of time to invest in getting the servers they require. And smart people actually overprepare and have more just in case. And plus, they have experience too with making a MMO. They should know way better than this.

Right now this game just totally feels like a complete cash grab and we'll fix the problems later.... maybe. Sorry, but that is unacceptable to us. And like I said, just makes people not want to bother anymore or turn off the people who are considering. Really, I think this game isn't ready for prime time. I think politics are involved in some way, maybe they were forced to launch right now to start making money. It totally feels not ready.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 02:22 PM
if it where a company that was new to the whole mmo thing i could understand that they underestimated the server loads, but cryptic have already had mmo's out and should have had a better idea of what it would be like.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 02:23 PM
What I find most interesting out of all this - something I noticed yesterday with the downtime....
When there are sever issues, and a lot of negative feedback in the forums, there is NO response from an admin as to what is going on. We are all left here whining, griping, griefing, complaining, etc.... with no explanation, communication, possible resolution, nothing... absolutely nothing.

As this is all still pre-launch, I am expecting some hiccups along the road. If there are any admins following any of these threads, please, don't alienate your user base. Even if there's no finite solution in site, at least some acknowledgement that something is going on is better than nothing. Using the Blizzard forums here as an example, when there's dev issues, the moderators/admin are on the boards giving feedback. It's not always positive, but at least it makes the users see that you care somewhat for what your player base thinks - rather than simply sucking in all our cash and laughing your way to the bank.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 02:25 PM
I've been sitting in the queue for 30 minutes and have dropped from 1386 to 1360. I'll just pretend the server is down. I'm used to that.