Lt. Commander
# 1 The Exchange Prices
01-31-2010, 04:21 PM
I noticed during the Open Beta that buying anything on 'The Exchange' was pointless. Everything was so high priced that it was really not worth it. So far, the prices in the 'head start' that people are posting are about half what they were in the Beta. (I still can't afford anything...)

I am looking forward to a time when most items are priced to sell, rather than priced through the roof. It took a long time for that to happen in World of ********. Consider this an appeal to maybe post things at a price people might be able to pay.

100,000 for a Mark III weapon is just silly.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Exchange = a lot of stress
01-31-2010, 04:26 PM
Not only are the prices crazy, but the sections not working does not help. You have to type the full name of the item you want under the "general" tab to search. Toss in that for some reason, I can not sort by price.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 04:27 PM
So far in this game, I have found no reason to buy ANYTHING. Since the game is so easy.

It is best to just be patient and get everything you need from Loot or Rewards.

This is a sad thing . I was hoping for a player driven economy.

Hopefully this will change in the higher levels.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 04:29 PM
Most of the stuff on the exchange at the moment is stuff that you don't have a hard time finding anyway. Should pick up though when we've got a more even spread of ranks amongst the player base once the game has launched on the 2nd.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 04:30 PM
In beta nothing had any value, not even currency, as it was all going to be deleted shortly. In that case the values were complete nonsense and had not mechanism to correct themselves.

The current setup with clear up in a week or two when 1: people realize that at level 15 having 100k to spend on anything is absurd, and 2: a lot of stuff can be bought at higher tier starbases for the listed value. That should make prices of things that aren't green/blue/purple converge to somewhere between the replicator value, and the buy from a vendor value.

Greens blues and purples should come down when people realize that a mark III green is usually worse than a mark IV common, (and arguably the blue is as well), so they aren't really worth that much more. No point spending money on an item that an hour from now you'll replace with vendor bought stuff.

Now lets hope they've got a working BigInt class for money at higher levels (unless they've got a 64 bit server architecture but then you get into all sorts of problems swapping between 64 bit sever and 32 bit clients) because end game blues/purples are probably going to be very expensive.

Edit- oh and please, let me sort my searches by price. (even client side, just dump the list of auctions to the client and have it be a UI level sort).
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 04:30 PM
People are *******. Wait for the market to stabilise.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 04:31 PM
I was expecting to see people selling commodities for like 75 credits. Slightly less than the exchange, but more than you can vendor them for. That's how it usually works with "white" items. They are up there for 1,000 or more each. I didn't even bother looking at weapons and shields.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 04:33 PM
Weird - most of the stuff I'm seeing sold is just below the "value" listed on the item. Since you can sell stuff to Starfleet vendors for 50% of the value without waiting, I find it's often not even worth it to sell stuff through exchange as you barely get any more money, due to the low prices I'm competing with.

(The inability to sort by price or to look at specific items without manually typing the name is annoying though.)

EDIT: Actually the prices vary pretty widely, but I normally just glance over the crazy prices so they don't even register to me. I assume people are scrolling down and examining all prices, not just the top ones?
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadknob View Post
I noticed during the Open Beta that buying anything on 'The Exchange' was pointless. Everything was so high priced that it was really not worth it. So far, the prices in the 'head start' that people are posting are about half what they were in the Beta. (I still can't afford anything...)

I am looking forward to a time when most items are priced to sell, rather than priced through the roof. It took a long time for that to happen in World of ********. Consider this an appeal to maybe post things at a price people might be able to pay.

100,000 for a Mark III weapon is just silly.
I agree I have been doing a simple pricing sceme

MK I 2500
MK II 5000
Mk III 10000
Mk IV 20000

It seems a fare amount for each level Item....
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 04:35 PM
I really hope they ban standard issue from the exchange.... 100k for a standard issue phaser? Really?