Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Hey all,

I've just been promoted to Lieutenant Commander 1 and chosen my new ship (Raptor), I also promoted my Tactical Officer, he had at Ensign the "Torpedo: High Yield 1" skill ranked up to the maximum level of 9 and i put it too good use against those pesky feds.
Upon being promoted he gained access to Lieutenant level skills and now has "Torpedo: High Yield 2" as well. I notice that when in space i have access to both, my question is, is it worth having both? Do they share the same CD? Presumably "Torpedo: High Yield 2" is better than "Torpedo: High Yield 1" so should i replace that with another skill (loosing all the skill points invested in getting it to lvl 9) or should i stick with my maxed out "Torpedo: High Yield 1" and choose another Lieutenant level skill for him?

PS any Tips for a Raptor Loadout weapon wise and station wise?
Thanks in advance.

Brodie
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Depends.

Maybe you want to keep high yield lvl 1 and get a different tier 2 tac skill OR junk tier 1 high yield for something else and stick with the high yield 2.

Depends what skills you want to use.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 04:23 PM
If you're using cannons, then Cannon Rapid Fire I in place of THY II. If you're using beams, I'd suggest Target Shield Subsystem for the LT skill.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monthar
I If you're using beams, I'd suggest Target Shield Subsystem for the LT skill.
That a Tactical skill?

EDIT: Just checked, your right, hmm interesting, i may think about beams, My usual tactic is to get up close behind if poss, about 3km and prime my torps, then let loose on them with disrupter cannons, once their shields are down i let fly with the torps whilst holding them in place with a tractor beam. Beams any good then?
Still need to wrap my head around the diff wep types and their effects
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 04:31 PM
Yes, that's a Tactical BOff skill. Though I might have the name a little off. It could be Subsystem Targeting - Shields or some such, but you should be able to find it on the BOff skills trainer. It'll probably cost 150 Honor to learn it though.