Lt. Commander
# 1 Can we play more Cryptic?
01-31-2010, 04:25 PM
Dear Cryptic,

I will not presume to speak for the entire community, but I feel it nessecary to alert you to the feelings of many ppl I know especcialy within our own fleet. I want you to know that I love the product, lots of room for improvment, but overall a hell of a start. My general problem, and I know many others feel this way as well.... is that the "Headstart" we got for pre ordering has been mostly wasted. Over half our time has been spent mulling around our desks waiting for the servers to come back online.

I want you to know that I am aware that your IT staff has to be running around like chickens with thier heads cut off trying to ensure security, stability and to keep the coffee runs going 24/7 on a staff that has spent more time at work than at home the last 2 weeks. We apprecciate the effort. But the facts are the facts, we lost a tremendous amount of game time due to all the server crashes/reboots/maintenance. However you want to catagorize, claim or refute what they were as I said before... we lost most of our headstart due to it.

I for one feel a little cheated, but I was always told to make sure you have a solution before you complain about something. My suggestion is "Cryptic gives all headstart members 1000-10000 Cryptic Points" added to thier accounts for the problems. This in no way costs your company tons of money, and allows the players who have shown an EXTREME amount of patience a pat on the back for thier help overheating your servers.

So, what do you say Cryptic? Do you have a better suggestion?

Players, what do you think? Is expecting a little payback for missing tons of our promised headstart to much to ask? if it is, what would be fair? Thanks for your time folks, enjoy it when the server comes up, I know I will.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverStryke
Dear Cryptic,

I will not presume to speak for the entire community, but I feel it nessecary to alert you to the feelings of many ppl I know especcialy within our own fleet. I want you to know that I love the product, lots of room for improvment, but overall a hell of a start. My general problem, and I know many others feel this way as well.... is that the "Headstart" we got for pre ordering has been mostly wasted. Over half our time has been spent mulling around our desks waiting for the servers to come back online.

I want you to know that I am aware that your IT staff has to be running around like chickens with thier heads cut off trying to ensure security, stability and to keep the coffee runs going 24/7 on a staff that has spent more time at work than at home the last 2 weeks. We apprecciate the effort. But the facts are the facts, we lost a tremendous amount of game time due to all the server crashes/reboots/maintenance. However you want to catagorize, claim or refute what they were as I said before... we lost most of our headstart due to it.

I for one feel a little cheated, but I was always told to make sure you have a solution before you complain about something. My suggestion is "Cryptic gives all headstart members 1000-10000 Cryptic Points" added to thier accounts for the problems. This in no way costs your company tons of money, and allows the players who have shown an EXTREME amount of patience a pat on the back for thier help overheating your servers.

So, what do you say Cryptic? Do you have a better suggestion?

Players, what do you think? Is expecting a little payback for missing tons of our promised headstart to much to ask? if it is, what would be fair? Thanks for your time folks, enjoy it when the server comes up, I know I will.
As someone who opted for lifetime I second this. The best solution would be to offer players in headstart Cryptic points so those of us in the 40 states that don't have Del Taco can get a shuttle or something for our trouble.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 06:11 PM
I think that's fair. Makes up for many things and makes it fair for those of you who put up with the same downtime that everyone else did and are completly unable to get the del taco promo.

Cryptic Points are an easy solution, so what do you say GM's?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 06:15 PM
most of my time even when i can get logged in is spent standing in one spot lagged out. where it takes 5 to 10 mins for something i say in chat to show up much less move or do anything else. fortunately I only took the 12 months, which i will keep trying to play but if things continue this way I do not see myself renewing the sub. even as much as i like star trek.
Lt. Commander
# 5 No
01-31-2010, 06:44 PM
mmm... nah