Lt. Commander
The final fronteir…..

Some of you are far too young, and others may not be hard core trekkies, but…

There once was a guy who got his feet wet in hollywood doing black and white westerns. He wanted to pitch something with a lot of familiar plot lines, but went where “ no man has gone before”.

As irony would have it, the first pilot was a flop and sent back for a remake, the second version was also not welcomed with open arms. Finally with the third try he sold his show and Star Trek was born…only to get cancelled after a few seasons. Only then did Trek find its spot, growing like wildfire into the huge licence it commands today.

Just like then, Star Trek is kicking and groaning its way to us here by a new company trying to sell something not entirely new, but with something different to offer, see the pattern?

I am a trekkie and I support it in all of its forms, even tho it has flopped in some of its past history, Trek usually will come thru, and I am hopeing this is the case here. I for one am glad to see this new generation of media embrace Trek, and with some support from the fanbase, I just cant see this game failing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 04:37 PM
NERD RAAAAAGGGGEEEE! You fail as a Trekkie. There were only two pilots. "The Cage", with Jeff Hunter and "Where No Man Has Gone Before", with Shatner.

Turn in your cards sir. You are no longer in the club.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos007 View Post
NERD RAAAAAGGGGEEEE! You fail as a Trekkie. There were only two pilots. "The Cage", with Jeff Hunter and "Where No Man Has Gone Before", with Shatner.

Nit Nit

I digress sir, the cage was first shown in black and white, and was rejected till it was made in color... I have both, along with the history
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 04:39 PM
hmmm very good point, makes a lot of sense, so we just have to give it a little more time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 04:40 PM
Quote:
you cant have them!!!
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotton View Post
Nit Nit

I digress sir, the cage was first shown in black and white, and was rejected till it was made in clor... I have both, along with the history
Wait? What? No. It was in color. It was filmed in color. You're talking about a work print. Trust me the show the NBC execs saw was in color or they were super ****ed after spending for color photograpy and not getting it. It wasn't cheap back in '64. Most tv shows were not in color. Besides that fact that they, according to you "added color" doesn't change the show. Same story, same actors, same everything. The did not reshoot that pilot. They shot an entirly new one (the 1st time it had been done at the time) with Shatner as Kirk.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Wait? What? No. It was in color. It was filmed in color. You're talking about a work print. Trust me the show the NBC execs saw was in color or they were super ****ed after spending for color photograpy and not getting it. It wasn't cheap back in '64. Most tv shows were not in color. Besides that fact that they, according to you "added color" doesn't change the show. Same story, same actors, same everything. The did not reshoot that pilot. They shot an entirly new one (the 1st time it had been done at the time) with Shatner as Kirk.
Rolllzeyez

isnt it utterly amazing how you find debate where you were least looking for it?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 05:03 PM
Ummm that’s odd, I got an anniversary tape set with the TOS, and it has the black and white version with a history about how he pitched it that way…..kinda sounds like Rottons….
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 05:06 PM
You haven't experienced Star Trek until you hear someone discuss pointless details like that. It's way up there with "Who drew first?"
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingchicken View Post
You haven't experienced Star Trek until you hear someone discuss pointless details like that. It's way up there with "Who drew first?"
Was the command color gold or yellow.....
....trust me I know I know