Lt. Commander
# 1 PvP need pre-match timers!!!
02-01-2010, 04:15 AM
All games I had today were like - we log into arena faster and hunt Klings one by one with our five man fire squad. Or my instance load and I got hit by welcoming stream from 5 BoPs, blowing in three or so seconds.

There is a reason why many games with arenas have something like pre start timer. Some people log faster, some slower, why cant the game just wait 1-2 min before we start? Even games old like Guild wars or WoW have it. It should be easy to implement, the game already do something like that after the match is over.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunaxor View Post
All games I had today were like - we log into arena faster and hunt Klings one by one with our five man fire squad. Or my instance load and I got hit by welcoming stream from 5 BoPs, blowing in three or so seconds.

There is a reason why many games with arenas have something like pre start timer. Some people log faster, some slower, why cant the game just wait 1-2 min before we start? Even games old like Guild wars or WoW have it. It should be easy to implement, the game already do something like that after the match is over.
its totally fine as it is now.

Pugs have that problem, but ??? who the hell plays pugs ....
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post
its totally fine as it is now.

Pugs have that problem, but ??? who the hell plays pugs ....
It is not about Pugs, it is about longer loads of some people. Even when you are fleet grouped but your friends will get to game 2 mins after you, enemy will still slaughter you pug or not. Or your group will slaughter enemy because the game start the arena even with only 1 enemy. It sucks to play one sided battles, even if you are on winning side it is sweet at first but then it is boring/people are leaving.

With timer, the game will wait to be filled with 5 ready people on both sides.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 05:04 AM
Quote:
It is not about Pugs, it is about longer loads of some people. Even when you are fleet grouped but your friends will get to game 2 mins after you, enemy will still slaughter you pug or not. Or your group will slaughter enemy because the game start the arena even with only 1 enemy. It sucks to play one sided battles, even if you are on winning side it is sweet at first but then it is boring/people are leaving.

With timer, the game will wait to be filled with 5 ready people on both sides.
********, you are playing with a 386 if you have 2min load times.

Ive played premades for 3 days now and trust me, every player in our team is in the PvP map inside 10 seconds. ( and we wait for all before moving ).

So yea, its Pugs you whine about, and the reason why they are late is not load time, its coz the 1st guy didnt join so the 60 second timer he had is waited thru before the 2nd que in the line gets the call and guess what happens if he declines ? its another 60 seconds to wait until the next guy gets the call etc etc.

Basicly if you are unlucky and pugging you might get 4 people inside and the last spot takes 10 mins to fill as every player who is invited between 60 second timers just hides/declines the PVP invitation.

THATS your problem.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 05:21 AM
Quote:

Ive played premades for 3 days now and trust me, every player in our team is in the PvP map inside 10 seconds. ( and we wait for all before moving ).

So yea, its Pugs you whine about, and the reason why they are late is not load time, its coz the 1st guy didnt join so the 60 second timer he had is waited thru before the 2nd que in the line gets the call and guess what happens if he declines ? its another 60 seconds to wait until the next guy gets the call etc etc.

Basicly if you are unlucky and pugging you might get 4 people inside and the last spot takes 10 mins to fill as every player who is invited between 60 second timers just hides/declines the PVP invitation.

THATS your problem.
Maybe we need 2 types of PvP. Premade and PuG. Give the PuG que a timer and leave the premades with no timer.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey2ham View Post
Maybe we need 2 types of PvP. Premade and PuG. Give the PuG que a timer and leave the premades with no timer.
imo its better to fix the joining to PvP as you join it and there is nothing you can do to prevent it.

Join timer 15 seconds and when it reaches 0 you join the PvP map automatically. If you que to PvP map then you should play the map and not Hide/cancel que.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey2ham View Post
"A timer" is the wrong wording.

All it needs is:
- a match does not start until teams are relatively even. (e.g. minimum of 3/4 players per team for 5 man teams).
- players are automatically put in a group if they aren't in one.
- a chat channel for each side.

That, would solve the #1 pvp imbalance at the moment, and also substantially improve the game.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splutter
"A timer" is the wrong wording.

All it needs is:
- a match does not start until teams are relatively even. (e.g. minimum of 3/4 players per team for 5 man teams).
- players are automatically put in a group if they aren't in one.
- a chat channel for each side.

That, would solve the #1 pvp imbalance at the moment, and also substantially improve the game.
This. I precisely meant this. That the matches will start even. Not 5v1 for several minutes.

Quote:

THATS your problem.
People like you are what is destroying Pvp MMos. You know many people want to play even games or just login and have some pvp match without group searching. Also my pc and connection is really good so I am the one who is there first. And sometimes only one. Some change and this system will be better for everyone even for your pubstomping group.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 06:08 AM
imo this is a perfect solution,

Fed 5 players
VS
Klingon 4 players

One fed is frozen (not able to move or use any skills, and is cloaked with 100% cloak)

When Klingons get 1 more players the frozen player is freed.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 06:16 AM
Quote:
People like you are what is destroying Pvp MMos. You know many people want to play even games or just login and have some pvp match without group searching. Also my pc and connection is really good so I am the one who is there first. And sometimes only one. Some change and this system will be better for everyone even for your pubstomping group.
People like me ?

So its my fault that the game is developed like it is?

Is it my fault that you dont know how to join a Fleet(guild), and when you log in you can ask for PvP group and its done in 15 seconds. my fault ?

Its my fault if you are lazy + want to have fun in a game that is developed group vs group in mind and not a solo wolf playstyle in mind ?

-

I agree, that it could be viable to have

1. Seperate PvP , Premade vs Premade
2. Seperate PvP , Pug vs Pug

But like i said, it wont fix the problem for Pugs.

Perfect Fix would be that, ie.

5 feds
vs
4 klingons

one fed is frozen (stealhed and immobilized and cant use skills), when last Klingon player joins the fed is freed.

Happy ?