Lt. Commander
I'm just curious why every thread that's unhappy with the queue, or outtage, or poor communication etc... sees a quick rebuke from some new Jan 2010 account.

Would someone care to hypothesis?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 04:38 PM
Hypothesis: Newer players logging in now have been through other MMO launches before.
Lt. Commander
# 3
Enthusiastic new signups?
Lt. Commander
# 4
ppl cant accept the buyers remorse and still believe that all the problems will go away on launch day. In short DENIAL!!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelandric
I'm just curious why every thread that's unhappy with the queue, or outtage, or poor communication etc... sees a quick rebuke from some new Jan 2010 account.

That's funny. 99% of the cry, troll, and flame threads are started by Jan 2010 members.
Lt. Commander
# 6
Senior Members creating alt accounts to avoid retaliation I'm guessing. Or Trek fans excited at the prospect of playing a Star Trek game aftering hoping for one for so long.
Lt. Commander
# 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelandric

oh like my new account? says jan 2010! you see i was BORN at that time and neevr even knew what this game or a computer was WOW! amazing eh?
/sarcasm end

Is life so sad for you that you go online to descriminate/show elitism because you made this account and had nothing better to do that post day after day before a game was released? WOW QQ don't bother replying to me I'm off to a better place, just slapping you to bring some sense into ya.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 04:41 PM
LOL... OP is wondering why there are so many Jan 2010 accounts disagreeing with him in the forums for a game that became open on Jan 29th?

Bonk Bonk dummy.... bonk bonk.
Lt. Commander
# 9 .
01-31-2010, 04:41 PM
They probably have not seen the major problems that the seasoned BETA testers have.

I just pre-ordered this morning turning a blind eye to the problems more or less just because I need a new game to get me through the winter months.

Well....After sitting in a queue for an hour I got into the game. Before I could make it out of the mess hall the server went down.

I deemed that to be a sign of things to come and filed a Steam Support ticket to cancel the pre-order, hopefully it goes through.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 04:42 PM
Pretty much everyone defending Cryptic has been through other MMO launches, likely several of them. This is a typical game launch. In fact, it's quite a bit smoother than most. People who are complaining with threats to quit or demanding money back (I still can't stop laughing at the class action lawsuit thread) have likely never been through the release of a game like this before. So they don't have the proper context to put it in.

No game launches without issues like these. It's simply par for the course. And don't point to titles like ****, which was running for a year before it was beta tested in the US. It's not the same thing. I'm sure they had plenty of issues in Korea when the game first went live.

Those of us who have been through this a time or two (or 14) were prepared to go through this and know it will smooth out as the first month passes by. That's just the nature of MMOs.