Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorX View Post
That's funny. 99% of the cry, troll, and flame threads are started by Jan 2010 members.
Exactly. Most people on here didn't bother coming to the forums until the OB. I knew about this game over a year ago but wasn't going to bother signing up. If anything the old guard should be defending it because they have the most invested.

I know the problems with the game and Cryptic I am just able to put my $50 in perspective (aka I blew that amount on a Sherlock Holmes vs Cthulhu game the other week, I have spent more then that on take out over the last two weeks).
Lt. Commander
# 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanatosMk1
Hypothesis: Newer players logging in now have been through other MMO launches before.
This.

I did not sign up to the forums as I had no time to beta test this game so I seen no point in signing up until the release was near.

I do not think all the posters that defend the game are recent sign ups to the forum,I also see Jan 2010 accounts whine about the game,so what does that tell you?

Edit-you made your account 6 months ago here,is hardly a veteran account now is it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
Aren't the forums supposed to become active account posting only on the 2nd?
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_luck_pee-kard
oh like my new account? says jan 2010! you see i was BORN at that time and neevr even knew what this game or a computer was WOW! amazing eh?
/sarcasm end

Is life so sad for you that you go online to descriminate/show elitism because you made this account and had nothing better to do that post day after day before a game was released? WOW QQ don't bother replying to me I'm off to a better place, just slapping you to bring some sense into ya.
[Universal Translator: EPIC FAIL]
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelandric
I'm just curious why every thread that's unhappy with the queue, or outtage, or poor communication etc... sees a quick rebuke from some new Jan 2010 account.

Would someone care to hypothesis?
And you're better than those people because you're a Junior member who registered in June 2009? LOL. Nice troll Junior.
Lt. Commander
# 16 possible solution
01-31-2010, 05:45 PM
You know what I think would help is a "Rants and Raves" thread like they have at the Total War forums. That way admins and moderators can move all trolling or ranting threads to one area while directing people to go there if they want to rant or troll. Now complaints properly explained with logic and etiquette would not be a rant thus contributing to the community in helping devs improve the game.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanatosMk1
Hypothesis: Newer players logging in now have been through other MMO launches before.
That may be a possibility.

Though I am not a Jan member, I know perfectly well that these people raging are making fools of themselves.

Hell, look a WoW...what happens every Tuesday (which happens to be my first day off form work).

Yet I did not rage against a 7 year old mmog that still shuts down every single week.

People need to grow up and learn that ancient addage.....**** happens.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Those of us who registered accounts early were likely doing it because we heard about it through the mmo-grapevine and decided to sign up for a chance at beta. I'd wager by comparison the majority of the Star Trek fans who joined/picked up the game did so during the games advertising campaigns.

Edit: I've not really noticed any specific pattern personally, just throwing out another useless post into the void.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptWarpass View Post
ppl cant accept the buyers remorse and still believe that all the problems will go away on launch day. In short DENIAL!!
Its not just a river in egypt!!!
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 05:52 PM
The Jan 2010's are a seedy looking lot, that's for true!

I say we shun and exclude them from interaction. They're different than the rest of us...you can bet they'll try to take our women!