Lt. Commander
# 1 Why is maintance done
02-01-2010, 02:56 PM
during peak hours? And when do we get our presents for pre-orders? I am very disappointed with Cyptic and the delays and lack of notifications regarding we the players?

When can we get a resolution on these matters? I understand that you are burdened down on all the demands we make of you. I understand that you are trying to please us. But, data proves that you offered and promised certain things that have been delayed and not timely.

Even though the game is fantastic (my own beliefs) and the graphics are spectacular. The interruptions during map changing and very few bugs left (thanks for that). That I am bringing this to your attention.

All in all, ladies and gentlemen, of Cryptic......

I am impressed with all the work you put into this game and on-going support of we the players...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malikius View Post
during peak hours?
From what I've read this wasn't a 'maintenance by choice' situation.

Quote:
And when do we get our presents for pre-orders?
When you activate your retail key.

Quote:
When can we get a resolution on these matters?
Umm ... have you been reading the forums? Both of your points above have been covered in detail.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Maybe, it has been addressed. But, I still want to know. And I have activated my key over 2 months ago.
Are you a Cryptic rep. or just a player?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Quote:
during peak hours? And when do we get our presents for pre-orders? I am very disappointed with Cyptic and the delays and lack of notifications regarding we the players?
Quote:
I am impressed with all the work you put into this game and on-going support of we the players...
Two very different views on the same thing?

But anyway. Thse arnt actual maintenance per se. The server just went down unexpectadly and unfortunately they just us a copy/paste method to explain on the support page. That being said we dont usually get an ETA so this is good.

Also there will always be these ups and downs. The fact is there is no peak time on a global server. Tecnically it is always peak time because it may be peak time for a lot of Americans now but give it a few hours when its not considored your peak time and it will be peak time for someone else...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Quote:
I still want to know.
Still want to know ... what? I responded to your points.

I am a player as can be seen by the lack of a Cryptic logo in my avatar. You aren't going to get an official Cryptic response so don't hold your breath.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Maybe, it has been addressed. But, I still want to know. And I have activated my key over 2 months ago.
Are you a Cryptic rep. or just a player?
Pre-order key is different from the retail key. If you pre-ordered, you should get your retail key from your retailer on the 2nd.

Easy peasy
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Actually, this isn't "peak hours"...that would be "prime time", which starts around 7pm and goes until 10pm.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Wow, the pre order question is the new Sulu, Cryptic please put NPCs in constantly spamming that the retail key unlocks presents

Maybe make the npc a pet that follows you around spamming the notification :p