Captain
# 21
12-11-2013, 03:18 PM
I had actually set up a story for this a little while back, so it will definitely be interesting to get back into it.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-11-2013, 06:09 PM
The crew of the Bonaventure returns after an absence from the last few LC's...comments/feedback, as always, is most appreciated!
Captain
# 23
12-12-2013, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masopw View Post
The crew of the Bonaventure returns after an absence from the last few LC's...comments/feedback, as always, is most appreciated!

I really enjoyed that story. Loved the suspense when the cube first showed up, and the name dropping of other people's ships was a nice touch. It's small details, like the constant 'fixing' of the squeak that makes a good story great in my mind. Got me wondering if they will file any reports, or if they will simply pretend it never happened.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Captain
# 24
12-12-2013, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmkota19 View Post
Just submitted my entry: #8.

Its my first entry into the LC ever, so please feel free to discuss my entry and give me feedback. I'll be checking this thread daily.

As for how I described the Borg:
They are less cautios when dealing with a first contact than the prime Borg (remember Q Who: the Borg took their time to evaluate the Enterprise before initiating contact). That being said, I made them weaker. This is because there is zero evidence of Borg incursions in the Terran Empire, so all that anti-Borg-stuff the Federation has is very effective against the Borg that are the same as the "Nightmares of Wolf 359". They have assimilated Iconian technology to the point where they don't have Transwarp technology.
Welcome to the LCs, I really enjoyed the entry, and I liked your rationale of the Borg being less advanced
Captain
# 25
12-12-2013, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masopw View Post
I thoroughly enjoyed this entry Awesome blend of comedy and drama, introspection and conversation, it all flowed really nicely, and the nature of the Borg was excellent as well
Captain
# 26
12-12-2013, 04:44 AM
Got mine up. Didn't really know what to do with the Borg other than physical changes, so I did. There is no physical sign of assimilation on the Borg, except for their arm trick.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Captain
# 27
12-12-2013, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
Got mine up. Didn't really know what to do with the Borg other than physical changes, so I did. There is no physical sign of assimilation on the Borg, except for their arm trick.
That was awesome Those sneaky Vulcan womenz
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
Nicely done!
"Pointy eared elves"...
Loved the manner of your Borg's arm interface...that would be awesome to see on the screen. Also love when tactical details are ship specific.

Thanks for your review of mine...they'll report it to Starfleet (poor Dellasera needs his Worker's Comp...no report, no support!), but with a blank computer core, evidence is gonna be on the light side. Unless, of course, some keen youngun decided to back things up on a few tricorders...
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-12-2013, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
I thoroughly enjoyed this entry Awesome blend of comedy and drama, introspection and conversation, it all flowed really nicely, and the nature of the Borg was excellent as well
Thanks!

I tried to figure the mirror Borg mindset...couldn't come up with just one...so I turned to the novels. The Caeliar appear to be peaceful and isolationist, so I decided on a Borg that descended from them voluntarily, not out of desperation.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-12-2013, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmkota19 View Post
Just submitted my entry: #8.

Its my first entry into the LC ever, so please feel free to discuss my entry and give me feedback. I'll be checking this thread daily.

As for how I described the Borg:
They are less cautios when dealing with a first contact than the prime Borg (remember Q Who: the Borg took their time to evaluate the Enterprise before initiating contact). That being said, I made them weaker. This is because there is zero evidence of Borg incursions in the Terran Empire, so all that anti-Borg-stuff the Federation has is very effective against the Borg that are the same as the "Nightmares of Wolf 359". They have assimilated Iconian technology to the point where they don't have Transwarp technology.
Welcome aboard!

(For some reason I wanna go play The Force Unleashed now... )

Nits first...some missed punctuation (Starfleets where I think you meant Starfleet's); typos (ex: develeop; therefor; deviced instead of devised, layed instead of laid)

Interesting take on the Borg & their tech.

I would have loved to read your combat log in a more 'fleshed out' manner, continuing on in the 'computer recording' fashion.

Looking forward to the next journey of the Sparta!