Lt. Commander
# 1 Forget this game.
01-31-2010, 12:43 PM
Cryptic. You have now lost me.
I saw the pre-beta stuff was excited. I read a whole bunch of Closed-Beta-era Reviews/Previews. Most of them loved the game, but still said it needed some work. A few outright told me not to spend money on this game. I was in on the open beta from day 1. I made my character, logged onto the actual game saw my character for ten seconds before the server kicked me out. I should have stopped then, but I gave you guys the benefit of the doubt, I continued through the beta, slugging my way through the constant crashes and "downtime". I dealt with the bug where your ship loads instead of your character before crashing my game. I even had a time when the game crashed my computer. Now I am in the Headstart with (what SHOULD be) the release version of the game and, in addition to the unfixed bugs from the Beta, I have to deal with QUEUES???

**** you. I would demand my money back, but I'd never see a cent of it. You have put me in a whole new dimension of ****ed off. I could not even begin to express my anger in a written and coherent sense. It has actually taken me about a half and hour to calm the **** down from when I was yelling obscenities at my computer screen. This game showed so much promise three months ago and now, well, I can literally not wait until Star Wars: The Old Republic comes out because, while they have never made an MMO before, Bioware makes games that actually work when they're released. WHat has Cryptic made, Champions Online? City of Heroes/City of Villians? Not only were both crap but they were the same ****ing game. It's like Cryptic didn't even try and develop a second game, they just RE-RELEASED THEIR FIRST ONE. STO will forever be remembered as a Second Rate MMO, from a Second Rate MMO Company, with FIrst Rate IP; just wasted potential.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 12:46 PM
Bye. You won't be missed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 12:53 PM
Do you even realize WHY there is a queue now?

The server load STO is now getting regularly hit with is a massive exception to most MMOs, to the point Cryptic has, apparently, been forced to slightly lower the server population cap for the time being in order to keep the server stable. And with the queue, they can prevent everyone from slamming the server over and over trying to get in. Both of those attributed to folks like myself being physically incapable of logging in at certain hours, and getting hit with rampant DCs that left us, once again, praying to actually get in. Queues area necessary evil to insure that EVERYONE gets an equal chance to play until they can get their servers set up to handle a larger load, not just those who won the "lucky connection lottery" (note that I live on the SHSU campus in Huntsville, which does have broadband, but for whatever reason causes me to have connection issue with STO, while back at my house in Houston I can login with little to no effort and play with zero worry of DCing).

Gut instinct says, day before launch, servers spend the vast majority of the time down for planned maintenance.

If you can't understand why this system NEEDS to be in place for the time being, then well... guess that's your problem.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 12:56 PM
We're gonna get a lot of these with today. Several crashes, huge que lines, we're not even released yet ffs If things dont shore up FAST, this is gonna go down worse than Hellgate
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirius View Post
Bye. You won't be missed.
Frankly, that attitude is what makes games fail. This game is not big enough to risk the loss of any potential paying players at this point. The queue's have got to go. It's really that simple. A bandaid is not the correct way to address the issues they are having.

I for one don't want anyone quiting the game. At least not until its been around for at least a year, by then hopefully it will have enough of a paying customer base that it can survive a mass exodus of unhappy players.

Bluntly, I would have not invested my money for a life sub if I had known there would be queues. And I dont want hear any crap about this being a new game, "normal" for mmos, etc. I have sat and listened to all the whines, and all you sucks ups as well since closed beta...and none of it bothered me. The queue crap bothers me, especially when i see that this "bandaid" fix is not even fixing the issues in even the slightest bit. (Of course, here is where all the suck ups will start saying "oh its working great for me now!" As if by sucking up cryptic is gonna make you a GM in the game or something for blindly defending them. ROFL)

Anyway, I got off topic i suppose, really just wanted to say I dont want anyone quiting yet. I would really like to see this game last at least 5 yrs or more. The subject matter for the game is interesting to me. (Yes, I am a Trek fan.)

*All "flames", hate, etc will be promptly ignored so save yourself the effort and don't bother. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
**** you. I would demand my money back, but I'd never see a cent of it. You have put me in a whole new dimension of ****ed off. I could not even begin to express my anger in a written and coherent sense. It has actually taken me about a half and hour to calm the **** down from when I was yelling obscenities at my computer screen.
I don't think the server being down is your problem...
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_K
Cryptic. You have now lost me.
I saw the pre-beta stuff was excited. I read a whole bunch of Closed-Beta-era Reviews/Previews. Most of them loved the game, but still said it needed some work. A few outright told me not to spend money on this game. I was in on the open beta from day 1. I made my character, logged onto the actual game saw my character for ten seconds before the server kicked me out. I should have stopped then, but I gave you guys the benefit of the doubt, I continued through the beta, slugging my way through the constant crashes and "downtime". I dealt with the bug where your ship loads instead of your character before crashing my game. I even had a time when the game crashed my computer. Now I am in the Headstart with (what SHOULD be) the release version of the game and, in addition to the unfixed bugs from the Beta, I have to deal with QUEUES???

**** you. I would demand my money back, but I'd never see a cent of it. You have put me in a whole new dimension of ****ed off. I could not even begin to express my anger in a written and coherent sense. It has actually taken me about a half and hour to calm the **** down from when I was yelling obscenities at my computer screen. This game showed so much promise three months ago and now, well, I can literally not wait until Star Wars: The Old Republic comes out because, while they have never made an MMO before, Bioware makes games that actually work when they're released. WHat has Cryptic made, Champions Online? City of Heroes/City of Villians? Not only were both crap but they were the same ****ing game. It's like Cryptic didn't even try and develop a second game, they just RE-RELEASED THEIR FIRST ONE. STO will forever be remembered as a Second Rate MMO, from a Second Rate MMO Company, with FIrst Rate IP; just wasted potential.

Note to the moron: Launch isn't until Tuesday. If you actually thought buying a preorder/pre-release headstart program and actually thought it wouldn't have problems, you are indeed an obligatory moron.

Every MMO has extensive downtime the first 2 months after release. Most of us know this when we bought the game and signed up for this headstart.

I can only hope that over the next few weeks, as the servers die and are slowly improved, that the moron-base of whiny kids like you will cancel and leave the game a much better place. Do you part for humanity, save some carbon credits by using your PC to spout moronic dumbisms and go plant a tree today!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 01:00 PM
Also note, to the moron again:

Bioware, to date, has done console games and port-to-pc games... IE standalone games.

Go back to WoW kiddo. It is calling you. can you hear it?

Funny though. This guy sounds like a heroin addict who misplaced his stash.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 01:02 PM
He's a paying customer, and has every right to complain, when he's not getting the product he thought he bought. He was mislead. Apparently you children have no concept of what it means to be a paying customer, you just simply accept problems as being part of the process. Yes mmo's have issues when first released, but there's a limit as to what the customer will tolerate. However, if all this downtime helps Cryptic provide a smooth launch for their game, then all the power to them.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 01:02 PM
Can I have your stuff?