Cryptic Studios Team
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.35.20131117a.21

General:
  • Winter Event
    • Snowman Overlord and Snowman Baron can no longer be knocked back by Snow Mortars.
    • Resolved an issue where presents in the Winter Invasion could reward recipes multiple times to the same player.
    • Snow Weapons
      • Snowball Mortars now last 180 seconds instead of 30 seconds.
      • Summoning Snowball Mortars no longer triggers the Explosives Expert Duty Officer to create extra Quantum Mortar turrets.
      • Snowblower, Secondary Attack :
        • Damage increased slightly.
        • Max number of targets reduced from 12 to 6.
      • Hail, Both Attacks :
        • Damage slightly decreased.
      • The Big One, Both Attacks:
        • Damage slightly increased.
        • Max number of targets reduced from 5 to 3 on Secondary.
  • Resolved an issue that would prevent some pointers to mission areas from appearing on the Minimap.
  • Resolved an issue in which NPC and Auction mail was being duplicated.
  • Resolved an issue where Duty Officer department heads wouldn't always correctly remember which bridge officers have been assigned.
  • Resolved an issue for Caitian and Ferasan chests not appearing on Miner Vest.
Empire Veteran
# 2
12-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Why is the Big one and Snowblower being nerfed? Not to mention hail.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 3
12-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsnapped View Post
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.35.20131117a.21

General:
  • Resolved an issue in which NPC and Auction mail was being duplicated.
Does this fix the problem for both "Exchange sale expired" and "Item sold in the Exchange"?
Empire Veteran
# 4
12-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
Why is the Big one and Snowblower being nerfed? Not to mention hail.
People griped. Especially how so many were wiping the snowman legion right at the start of the event with the Snowblower.

Lieutenant
# 5
12-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Will the FAW fix or T5 Voth mission be done this week?
Empire Veteran
# 6
12-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
People griped. Especially how so many were wiping the snowman legion right at the start of the event with the Snowblower.
That's what multiple instances are for... Not to mention the group respawns and few seem to know about it.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Rihannsu
# 7
12-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Quote:
[*]Resolved an issue where Duty Officer department heads wouldn't always correctly remember which bridge officers have been assigned.
*GASP*

Regarding snow weapons - what's the reason Hail is being nerfed? It's basically a short range version of Flurry. I hope the damge output won't be decreased significantly.
Career Officer
# 8
12-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Quote:

Resolved an issue where Duty Officer department heads wouldn't always correctly remember which bridge officers have been assigned.
OMG... You mean we don't have to keep reassigning the department heads anymore???? WOO HOO!
-----------------------------------------
Enjoy and have fun!
It is a game.

Career Officer
# 9
12-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Quote:
  • Resolved an issue where Duty Officer department heads wouldn't always correctly remember which bridge officers have been assigned.
Ohhh, finally! Now my roleplayer part doesn't have to gripe each time I had to reassign them! Thanks!

"Always be a first rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else."
~jodarkrider's female torso improvements suggestions~
Twitter - @JanDarkrider (mostly RP & self-parody in character)
Cryptic Studios Team
# 10
12-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Why is <insert my favorite snowball weapon> being nerfed?
Because we screwed up a little when we launched them. After plugging them all into a fancy spreadsheet that spit out their exact raw damage magnitudes per second, when taking into account everything from animations, firing cycles, ranges, AOE potential, and max # of targets, and more, we saw a few discrepancies that deserved a nudge in one direction or another, so that players that preferred using a specific weapon for aesthetic reasons weren't receiving the short end of the stick, mechanically speaking.

None of these changes are drastic. I didn't even really intend for the above notes to be seen by players as you honestly aren't likely to even notice (they were for QA's benefit). Just go have fun. This isn't really going to change anything.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...