Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Career Officer
# 11 Stealth Nerf
12-10-2013, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
None of these changes are drastic. I didn't even really intend for the above notes to be seen by players as you honestly aren't likely to even notice (they were for QA's benefit). Just go have fun. This isn't really going to change anything.

Allow me to explain something so you can understand this in the future. Most serious game players, run numbers on their DPS. Ground and Space. So your above comment means you approve of stealth nerfs what WOULD be noticed. Cutting affected targets in half would 100% be noticed by anyone using the blower.

There is nothing in a game that upsets players more then nerfs that are not explained or stated. Expectantly on equipment that was requires someone to grind to get them. So keep that in mind when you think about not publishing notes about nerfs.

BTW, I really hope you know this game has a SOLID reputation on releasing things that have "slight miscalculations".

Infact my entire fleet of now 350 members strong ( 60 daily players that spend real money in the game) have a motto. NEVER buy anything with in the first 30 days of its release. Because it is GTD to be nerfed in some form or function.

You guys either need a better test group, developers that play the game more, or better spread sheet.

It's either that or you release stuff OP all the time on purpose just get the suckers to buy it so you can nerf it later and release the next OP thing so they can run to buy that.
Stonewall@LordHarconan

Lifetime Member
Vice Admiral of the Omega Family Fleet
(228 members and growing)
Cryptic Studios Team
# 12
12-10-2013, 05:49 PM
If you were talking about a Lock Box Ship, or a new fancy mission reward weapon, or some sort of crafted set piece... sure, I hear ya, and generally agree with where you're coming from.

Here? It's a snowball fight, man. Just chill. (pun kinda intended)
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Empire Veteran
# 13
12-10-2013, 05:52 PM
I still fail to see why hail itself needs to be nerfed... or The Big one. The area wide attack barely made up for the rather low damage it put out anyways.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Empire Veteran
# 14
12-10-2013, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofthar View Post
Allow me to explain something so you can understand this in the future. Most serious game players, run numbers on their DPS. Ground and Space. So your above comment means you approve of stealth nerfs what WOULD be noticed. Cutting affected targets in half would 100% be noticed by anyone using the blower.

There is nothing in a game that upsets players more then nerfs that are not explained or stated. Expectantly on equipment that was requires someone to grind to get them. So keep that in mind when you think about not publishing notes about nerfs.

BTW, I really hope you know this game has a SOLID reputation on releasing things that have "slight miscalculations".

Infact my entire fleet of now 350 members strong ( 60 daily players that spend real money in the game) have a motto. NEVER buy anything with in the first 30 days of its release. Because it is GTD to be nerfed in some form or function.

You guys either need a better test group, developers that play the game more, or better spread sheet.

It's either that or you release stuff OP all the time on purpose just get the suckers to buy it so you can nerf it later and release the next OP thing so they can run to buy that.
Much like Bort, I understand that angle - but why is there a need to do it for every single aspect? The Winter Event is meant to be fun, after all.

Also, on a side note, not everyone has unexplained/unstated nerfs on their 'most hated' list Yes seriously
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Career Officer
# 15 Stealth Nerf 2
12-10-2013, 06:14 PM
Quote:
If you were talking about a Lock Box Ship, or a new fancy mission reward weapon, or some sort of crafted set piece... sure, I hear ya, and generally agree with where you're coming from.

Lock box, Lobi, Zen, or fancy bobble you need to grind for. It's the same thing. Your problem trends through out the game. Check my postings, I don't post at all of them. If I did i would have hundreds and hundreds of postings.

I find it rather amazing that almost every item released needs several "tweeks" to fuction and DPS. I have played *********, WOW, SWOR, BSG, and a few others. And this only game requires recalculations on every item. Some noted, some not... it is never about if the nerf is coming but when.

I am not blowing a fit here, nor am I overheating. I am just stating a fact. You need a better beta test... Across the board.
Stonewall@LordHarconan

Lifetime Member
Vice Admiral of the Omega Family Fleet
(228 members and growing)
Empire Veteran
# 16
12-10-2013, 06:16 PM
I'm not even bothering to get new snow weapons since they're worthless after the event.
The Emperor

Do not presume to have the capability to understand me for you see, I simply am.
Rihannsu
# 17
12-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Quote:
If its just a "snowball fight" then why even bother with a balance pass to begin with?

What that indicates to me is that its not "just a snowball fight" because clearly its not being taken as such since there is the need to balance them ...
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 12-10-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Commander
# 18
12-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
If its just a "snowball fight" then why even bother with a balance pass to begin with?

What that indicates to me is that its not "just a snowball fight" because clearly its not being taken as such since there is the need to balance them ...
So everybody can have fun in slightly longer snow ball fights. 2 min till the Boss appears and 30 seconds of him being around is just way to short.
Career Officer
# 19
12-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalani2 View Post
So everybody can have fun in slightly longer snow ball fights. 2 min till the Boss appears and 30 seconds of him being around is just way to short.
This times every number in existence.

Last year with the only snow weapons + snowballs we had, it took us a while to take the snow army down. This year it seems like the snowmen have become bad cannon fodder. I like these changes and can't wait to see how much of a difference this makes on Holodeck.
Career Officer
# 20
12-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsnapped View Post
  • Resolved an issue where Duty Officer department heads wouldn't always correctly remember which bridge officers have been assigned.
Hallelujah!