Lt. Commander
# 1 overpowerd klingons
01-30-2010, 09:41 PM
how teh hell do u beat these guys there too overpowerd pvp is pointless against them just sat with 3 other fed ships fighting one klingon of same lvl and took like 15 mins to kill big disapointment both teams should b the same power if same lvl
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keever
how teh hell do u beat these guys there too overpowerd pvp is pointless against them just sat with 3 other fed ships fighting one klingon of same lvl and took like 15 mins to kill big disapointment both teams should b the same power if same lvl
It is pointless with their free gear, but the next tiers could be fine. I suggest that you stick to the deep space encounters until then.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 09:47 PM
There's that kitten saying that would be apt, but i'm beginning to smirk every time i see a (yet again) new thread like this.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KabaalGen
There's that kitten saying that would be apt, but i'm beginning to smirk every time i see a (yet again) new thread like this.
You know the gear Klingons get is OP we discussed this before. The gear difference in the first T rank pvp is just stupid to the point that its like the Klingon's gear issues in beta. Now its ust the other way around :-p
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 09:52 PM
I don't think Klingons are OP at all. In fact they are at a disadvantage in my eyes.

They start in a BoP which has lower armour and shields and requires you to use the fore to attack. Also their shields dont regen like Feds (could be a bug).

Basically they are far squishier. The only defining aspect I can see from here is that Klingon players band together and actually work as a team. Most Feds are stuck in the PvE thought that they can easily take on 1-3 ships of that class without dying.

And no OP. If everyone was the same strength at the same tier then it would make for a very boring game as theyd have to give everything the same thing.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aior
You know the gear Klingons get is OP we discussed this before. The gear difference in the first T rank pvp is just stupid to the point that its like the Klingon's gear issues in beta. Now its ust the other way around :-p
And i'll say the same thing again, the starting gear that we get is only slightly better than starting with all whites. A lot of the pieces are whites.

The only difference are the consoles, which feds don't get a lot of by then.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 09:56 PM
It is that way right now, but the tables slowly turn as we level up too. Sadly at the 35 it starts getting frustrating Klingon side, but it is REALLY equal. They are just somewhat vocal about their dissatisfaction. Ten 35+ Fed side is supposed to start owning. In the end balance while come, but right now that game isn't even out yet.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KabaalGen
And i'll say the same thing again, the starting gear that we get is only slightly better than starting with all whites. A lot of the pieces are whites.

The only difference are the consoles, which feds don't get a lot of by then.
Slightly better? Can you tell me the stats on the cannon you get and the stats on what the white ones the feds get?

Besides the point to the OP, Klingons not so much OP as it is the gear. So actually supporting Klingons current status except for the gear issue.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aior
Slightly better? Can you tell me the stats on the cannon you get and the stats on what the white ones the feds get?

Besides the point to the OP, Klingons not so much OP as it is the gear. So actually supporting Klingons current status except for the gear issue.
Nope, not right now as i'm about to go watch Daybreakers screener, just create a klingon and you'll see for yourself. If you haven't done that and haven't compared then you really should not be banging on about how much better gear we start with.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Klingons technically are weaker than Feds... and I play a Fed... one vs one a Fed will generally beat a klingon... the reasons:

Fed has more consoles and more BO skills to utilise... Klingons are more limited only to tactical BO skills.

The only thing going for them are their cloaks... and ONLY BoP have battle cloaks. (at least in tier 2 I haven't checked the other tiers).

It's the initial surprise that really screws up a Fed.... after that... everything is about even.

Now with the nerf to MES... things got alot more even handed.... and THANK YOU DEV for changing MES.