Captain
# 1 Winter Wonderland items
12-10-2013, 07:32 PM
So, I have a few questions about the random item drops you get in Q's Winter Wonderland (the ones you can then trade for actual stuff from the store):

1. One of the NPCs mentioned that recipes can be found in the Gingerbread Colony PVE. Where in the map can they be found, though?

2. In the Fastest Game on Ice, do you just get Q Autographs for participating, or do you also get random items?

3. I have yet to acquire any of the Bajoran beads. Are they just rarer than the other items, or do I have to do something special to acquire them?

Thanks.
Captain
# 2
12-10-2013, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassadormolari View Post
So, I have a few questions about the random item drops you get in Q's Winter Wonderland (the ones you can then trade for actual stuff from the store):

1. One of the NPCs mentioned that recipes can be found in the Gingerbread Colony PVE. Where in the map can they be found, though?

2. In the Fastest Game on Ice, do you just get Q Autographs for participating, or do you also get random items?

3. I have yet to acquire any of the Bajoran beads. Are they just rarer than the other items, or do I have to do something special to acquire them?

Thanks.
1 - when you start the WI look on your map and there should be a round glowing circle, the pressie is there to get for the recipe - its bugged at the moment until Thursday as only 1 person is seeming to get it

2 - just the Q pics

3 - there is loads of ways of getting them - well a chance to - Winter Invasion, the pie eating contest, the snowman event 2x the hour and the Doff assignments from WW, ESD/First city and the Academies - on Thursday a new patch will up the drop rate of the uncommons and the commodity rate for the doff assignments will be 4 for a success and 12 for a crit at random
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
12-10-2013, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post
1 - when you start the WI look on your map and there should be a round glowing circle, the pressie is there to get for the recipe - its bugged at the moment until Thursday as only 1 person is seeming to get it

2 - just the Q pics

3 - there is loads of ways of getting them - well a chance to - Winter Invasion, the pie eating contest, the snowman event 2x the hour and the Doff assignments from WW, ESD/First city and the Academies - on Thursday a new patch will up the drop rate of the uncommons and the commodity rate for the doff assignments will be 4 for a success and 12 for a crit at random
1 - Correct.

2 - Correct.

3 - Error.
You don't get the Bajoran Beads from the Pie Eating contest.
The only way to get the Beads, RELIABLY, is through the Exchange.
NO to ARC...Make It VOLUNTARY

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Captain
# 4
12-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking View Post
1 - Correct.

2 - Correct.

3 - Error.
You don't get the Bajoran Beads from the Pie Eating contest.
The only way to get the Beads, RELIABLY, is through the Exchange.
Well....darn. And given their rarity, I'd imagine people are selling them for a steep price.

An extra question: for the Fast and the Flurrious, do you simply get an epohh tag from participating, or from finishing first?
Captain
# 5
12-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Quote:

Thanks.
1. 5 spots. I refused to make a map, but here are the 5 possible places to find them. 1 and 2 are easy and right at the start. if you see the green circle in the gray area almost to the end, it's in the Yeti cave.
A) on the stairs immediate left of where you start
B) Up the stairs very close to A
C) Flight of stairs after you go through the first curve, before 2nd frozen gingerbread man
D) After 2nd frozen gingerbread man, up a flight of stairs after a curve I think.
E) Yeti cave

2. Yes

3. Getting fixed so you get more drops tomorrow. Doff jobs will always give drops and uncommon drop rate is getting an increase.
Captain
# 6
12-11-2013, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Well....darn. And given their rarity, I'd imagine people are selling them for a steep price.

An extra question: for the Fast and the Flurrious, do you simply get an epohh tag from participating, or from finishing first?
First gets 12 (enough to get 2 Epohhs), all finishing participants after 3rd get 2. I don't remember the exact number that 2nd and 3rd places receive. Note that you have to grab the flag to register your place and receive your tags: if you come in at a bad angle, you could very well drop a place or two even if you reached the end platform first, and if you disqualify or simply forget to grab the flag, you won't get any tags at all.
Lieutenant
# 7
12-12-2013, 02:04 AM
Distribution of tags:

* 1st place: 12 tags
* 2nd place: 6 tags
* 3rd place: 3 tags
* all others that finish within time limit: 2 tags

You can only start a new epohh chain once per day, so you'll need 6 tags per day for the maximum effect, requiring at most 3 races completed.
Vice Admiral Tirius Avara'o | U.S.S. Mistral (Fleet Star Cruiser)
Vice Admiral Mathrias | U.S.S. Utrecht (Blockade Runner Retrofit)
Vide Admiral Kyurin | U.S.S. Cairhien (Fleet Dreadnought Cruiser)
Vice Admiral Kiarl Leftrin | U.S.S. Aegir (Fleet Recon Science Vessel)
--= Starfleet Strategic Command =--
Captain
# 8
12-12-2013, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post

You must be Q himself. If you get 2 bajoran beads in the day, consider yourself very lucky. This is another great bug, not only bajoran beads are incredible rare (i usually get 2 bajoran beads in a day if i am very lucky xD) but you need bajoran beads even to raise your fleet. I mean, it is a common resource that is required in a lot of places. And u cant get more than 2 or so in a day. For example, how the hell are you going to contribute with 1000 bajoran beads in the fleet project slot? is that intended or is a joke??

If u cant get even 2 bajoran beads a day, imagine to gather 1000..
Lieutenant
# 9
12-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgecrysger View Post
You must be Q himself. If you get 2 bajoran beads in the day, consider yourself very lucky.
Not that it matters anymore, as the rates are going to be effectively hugely increased with the current patch, but on average day I would normally collect several dozen beads, and I don't consider myself particularly lucky.
- Doff missions. I would do 15-20 a day. That's 5-6 crits per day, 8 drops per crit, you would get 6-10 beads from doffing alone, and all it requires is logging in 2-3 times a day for several minutes to start the missions;
- snowmen invasion. Switch zones and help in several ones per run. I normally manage to go to about 4-6 zones per event. That's about 20-30 commodities (4-12 per zone). So again, you can get 4-5 beads every half an hour.
Bead drop rates are not rare for these things. Statistical tests I ran don't show that they are, at least.
I would normally play about an hour in the morning and then again in the evening, and it would easily get me about 30-40 beads per day. Which I don't even keep, I sell them at whatever price I can get, as I expect the price to hit rock bottom after the patch.
They are not rare - you just need to know where to look for them.