Lt. Commander
# 1 The Devs are not to blame.
01-31-2010, 04:18 PM
No I am not defending the Devs as they are part of Cryptic. However I am blaming the "Brass" @ Cryptic. They are the ones that give the orders, they are the ones that set the deadlines (at least brow beat the employees with it) and or breath down the Devs collective necks.

Somehow I am of the line of thought that much of what we disagree with is because some head up his/her arse Supervisor, Team lead/Manager doesn't either understand what it means to run a successful MMO and put it out there for the general populace to play. And or is to worried about getting the fat bonus check then the quality of the product, and the satisfaction of the customer base. At least more then basic thick headed, knuckle dragging, parents credit card using 12 year old.

I realize that none of the brass while post here and defend their role in this. I also realize that more then likely they don't read the forums as it would be beneath them to do so, if they are of the mentality I stated above.

So my statements go on as being baseless though anyone that has worked in pretty much any industry where a product was made. There is always something coming down the pike that has to be rushed out the door before its "finished" as though that know the product well would probably say other wise. All because of the monetary bottom line.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 04:23 PM
I really wish the ones that actually make the decisions would do a real time chat and actually be honest with us.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 04:24 PM
I blame global warming!

And sardines.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 04:25 PM
Your mission, should you choose to accept it.

FInd executive producer Craig Zinkievich's car.

Now flip it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceilican View Post
No I am not defending the Devs as they are part of Cryptic. However I am blaming the "Brass" @ Cryptic. They are the ones that give the orders, they are the ones that set the deadlines (at least brow beat the employees with it) and or breath down the Devs collective necks.

This is because the "brass" at Cryptic has to deal with the "brass" at Atari, who is publishing the game and, should the game not be released, the company Cryptic would owe a lot of money to.

I'm still quite shocked that more people don't realize that the development studio almost never has the final say on when a game is set to launch.
Lt. Commander
# 6
They really do need communicate better a dedicated community liasion would do alot to alleviate the rage.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 04:26 PM
Do we really want the Devs sitting around typing, answering every post in the forums instead of fixing the problems?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ull
Do we really want the Devs sitting around typing, answering every post in the forums instead of fixing the problems?
I am not talking about the Dev's reference the title and subject of my post.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warduke73 View Post
Your mission, should you choose to accept it.

FInd executive producer Craig Zinkievich's car.

Now flip it.
Actually a well placed egg in the heating system would work wonders.

Not "cheap" to fix, would be a serious pain in the arse to clean out. Not easily accessible.

Summer heat + rotten egg + in car AC = wonder odor

Winter cold = Heating in car + rotten egg = wonder odor

Plus side, no physical damage to the car.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 04:29 PM
Actually, the Devs ARE to blame, since they have failed to have the game in releasable condition when it was released.

But the managers who set the release date, when it was known in closed beta that it wasn't realistic, and who forced it to happen even after this was confirmed in open beta, are MORE to blame.