Originally Posted by Yogi_Khan
DS9 - Sisko was a bad ass
/signed

Especially considering how he handled Q:
"You hit me... Picard never hit me." Q
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-31-2010, 11:41 PM
Its a toss up for me but because 2 of my favorite characters are Sisko and Nog from DS9 Im gonna go with well... DS9
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-01-2010, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsky View Post
I think that he tried too much to tie everything together in the alternate universe to make it "Trek" that made it very un-Trek. It was awesome to reunite the characters, but it just got too unbelievable. Fair enough with Sulu, Uhura and Chekov being assigned to the Enterprise as they were, that could have been how it happened as it they really weren't affected too much by the different events in the alternate timeline (though the Uhura thing at the bar was a bit meh). But the way he introduced Spock and Scotty - way too much of a stretch and I had to just numb my mind to enjoy it, to stop myself trying to figure out how on earth this all happened. I also don't really like the way Kirk came on board and became Captain. They took the rogue-ish thing a bit beyond believable levels, the Kirk of TOS would have never pulled half of that **** (though I get he was trying to point out that Kirk's probably more wild since he had no father in this, but... I still didn't like it). They could have done without all the crazy stretches of believability to reunite the "original" crew and made a more deeply believable story (that's what Trek is about to me, depth, and trying to explain everything as logically and scientifically as possible, not making great leaps of believability - Star Wars style).
This here explains a lot of your problems. Myself I REALLY loved the movie, even regret not seeing it at a cinema. He's not the same Kirk as TOS, I thought they made it clear. The original crew thing makes sense.... why not? They're all assigned there and... that's it.... The events happened in the prime universe, it's not hard for them to happen again.

Too bad I won't watch DS9 right away, trying to watch it all in chronological order
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-01-2010, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyhate View Post
Deep space nine had the best multi ship battles and great storyline. I have to say DS9
This.

Then TNG.
Then Seasons 1 and 4 of Enterprise (Except "These are the Voyages")
Then Voyager (Except "Threshold")
Then TOS
Then TAS
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-01-2010, 12:53 PM
DS9 for sure.

Great battles, unique stories, more gritty and dark.. everyone was not a goodie twoshoes.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordiaky View Post
STO: Failed attempt at MMO, Just released if you have not seen it, but hurry it wont last long in theaters.
For this post see sig,
For the OP its a Tie between DS9 on Voyager. Although I love them all.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanatosMk1
DS9.

Because a Cardassian Tailor caused the federation to win.
Nice

"Trust me..." Garak
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-01-2010, 01:24 PM
I have to say TOS is my favorite and then all the others about equal. I guess I am just old school and like the original the most.
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-01-2010, 01:29 PM
I love the original TV series. My brother and I used to eagerly await each episode. I liked the bright colors, the dramatic music, the 'pulp' style of action. The villains were very cool, and it was all fresh. Kirk wasn't just a man, he was THE man. Great show.

The others were ok, but none got my attention the way the original did.

I also loved the new movie - very cool flick.