Lt. Commander
# 21
02-01-2010, 08:35 AM
I AM a Lt. Commander and I am strongly considering starting fresh tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSoda
Winkie, I knew about it for two months. Doesn't mean I'm any happier with the situation - just means that you didn't look into it or how it worked. I wanted to know what bonuses the Joined Trill actually came with. All the information was there.

Accepted the fact, leveled fast in beta then took a few days off so I can make my character tomorrow when we get our retail keys.

Edit: It sucks that people will be Admiral and lots will be Captain by the time we make our characters.
Again if you read the forums or saw the FAQ before you bought...good for you.

What about the players that saw the advertisement in PC GAMER, went and Preo-ordered the game, THEN went to the website and found out (much like I did). Then tried to cancel and change thier order with Atari and were not allowed to.

I can tell you ....at the very least this is the last time I buy ANYTHING from Atari via download (had I bought a disc version I could have canceled and upgraded).

My point is this should have been CLEARLY stated when considering your purchase. But in fact, if you read the BOLD Italics, it is very misleading and states the opposite. Had I known this I would have said to heck with the joined Trill... and would have bought the Collectors edition, or some other form of pre-order that wouldnt have hamstrung me during Headstart.

Now if EVERYONE was under the same penalty...fine... But my second point is only the joined trill affects the players ability to create a main character at headstart.... and I would think Cryptic would offer some sort of consolation for that.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWinkie View Post
Sorry I cry BS here. If the casual player, or player that bought the game just read the Atari description, they make it seem like you get ALL bonus items AND a head start. If you can point out where they say otherwise (below is a cut and past directly from the sales page) then I will give you a cookie.

[/color]
I cry fool to your BS here. You may be a casual player but shouldn't you research your purchases.

http://www.startrekonline.com/preorder-faq

And I would prefer chocolate-chip cookies.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-01-2010, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie
I cry fool to your BS here. You may be a casual player but shouldn't you research your purchases.

http://www.startrekonline.com/preorder-faq

And I would prefer chocolate-chip cookies.
And like I said above..... checked in every now and then but never saw the FAQ. As we got closer to launch day I started reading more of the forums. It wasnt until I stumbled across the main web page announcement the day AFTER my purchase that I found out.

Now...fine a little mea-culpa on me... but I still dont think Im totally to blame.

But what about those folks that saw an advert in a gaming magazine, thought Cool..let me see whats available for pre-order.

Can you honestly tell me that if they went to Atari's website (not sure what the other reatilers says as I didnt look) and read the description they posted...can you honestly say a reasonable person would know that they wont have thier main character ready for headstart?
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-01-2010, 08:49 AM
If anything, the most misleading thing I've seen in regards to pre-orders was which uniforms were exclusive to the Collector's Edition.

I was originally going to buy it because it came with the DS9/First Contact Uniforms.

Apparently....everyone gets them. I thought it was only because I was playing Closed and Open beta that they allowed everyone to use that particular costume. But lo and behold anyone can use them.

So which costumes are exclusive to the collectors edition? The spandex Early-TNG Costume and the Revised one with a collar that fixed Patrick Stewarts back issues?

Pass. Glad I bought the DDE.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-01-2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:
The forums were wiped so any dev posts are likely lost in the void

I can just ask you to trust me, or try it out yourself tomorrow.
Of course tomorrow we will know whom we can and can't trust, but aren't you aware that on these forums unless you can link the information all is speculation even on my part.

So I ask you what you asked me since we both can't provide a link to anything and if your question wasn't meant to be offensive, don't take it that way from me.

Quote:
Did you just make this up off the top of your head?
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Quote:
If anything, the most misleading thing I've seen in regards to pre-orders was which uniforms were exclusive to the Collector's Edition.

I was originally going to buy it because it came with the DS9/First Contact Uniforms.

Apparently....everyone gets them. I thought it was only because I was playing Closed and Open beta that they allowed everyone to use that particular costume. But lo and behold anyone can use them.

So which costumes are exclusive to the collectors edition? The spandex Early-TNG Costume and the Revised one with a collar that fixed Patrick Stewarts back issues?

Pass. Glad I bought the DDE.
I agree thats pretty sad too.

I have a feeling all these "exclusives" will end up in the C-store eventually anyway.

I may just say F* the joined trill and stick with this one anyway. I mean really.... by now would I REALLY notice a difference? And by the time I get to say Capt. there would be NO difference in joined or not joined.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWinkie View Post
Now...fine a little mea-culpa on me... but I still dont think Im totally to blame.

But what about those folks that saw an advert in a gaming magazine, thought Cool..let me see whats available for pre-order.

Can you honestly tell me that if they went to Atari's website (not sure what the other reatilers says as I didnt look) and read the description they posted...can you honestly say a reasonable person would know that they wont have thier main character ready for headstart?
And I don’t blame you so please don’t believe that I am.

I can honestly say the things below this:

“Buyer beware”

This is something I learned a long time ago and I would hope everyone who makes a purchase applies that little truth.

Years ago it was a little more challenging to do research on products but with the internet we now have a world of information at our finger tips.

Please, don't take this as an attack on you it is not an attack; I am carrying on a discussion with you.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-01-2010, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Did you just make this up off the top of your head?

They stated specifically that you will NOT have the option of creating a regular trill once the DDE key is attached to your account.

All Trill you make after you add your Digital Deluxe key to your account will be Joined Trill.
I didnt read this post either.... so I guess I havent done my research.... but thats what we have Doogie "The Chief Forum Research Scientist" for :p (Joking Doogie)......
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-01-2010, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie
And I don’t blame you so please don’t believe that I am.

I can honestly say the things below this:

“Buyer beware”

This is something I learned a long time ago and I would hope everyone who makes a purchase applies that little truth.

Years ago it was a little more challenging to do research on products but with the internet we now have a world of information at our finger tips.

Please, don't take this as an attack on you it is not that I am carrying on a discussion with you.

Im not taking it as an attack, I apologize if it came out off that way (I didnt mean you were full of BS...I meant Atari is full of BS).....and your right. Anymore stuff coming out of atari Im waiting until offical Launch date.