Lt. Commander
# 1 Borg Trait
01-31-2010, 04:08 PM
Curious what people think of the melee trait for Borg the Borg Neural blast, is it good or not worth the trait?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spillway
Curious what people think of the melee trait for Borg the Borg Neural blast, is it good or not worth the trait?
I like it... I'm an engineer and interested in placing turrets and shields for ground combat, the Neural Blast is a great skill for halting those hard-hitting Klingon etc that rush in close.

It's a 30 second -75% snare guaranteed, with a full stun that re-applies every few seconds with a 40% chance to land.

Would I like another space skill? Sure... But why play a Borg if I'm not going to use their special ability that only Borg have? That defeats the purpose...

I personally feel it should have a lower cooldown however, since things on the ground die fairly fast I am lucky to use it once per two enemy groups... I am guessing it will balance out as I get further through the game though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 04:24 PM
Yah, right now im looking at warp theory for the 10% bonus to systems, and then either space accuracy or the Neural blast for ground as a tactical officer. Still think its a good pick up for tactical over .1 accuracy modification? And thank you for a well detailed reply
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spillway
Yah, right now im looking at warp theory for the 10% bonus to systems, and then either space accuracy or the Neural blast for ground as a tactical officer. Still think its a good pick up for tactical over .1 accuracy modification? And thank you for a well detailed reply
Warp theory was what I took - I guess that and the other Borg stat buff kinda fit nice together... And if you are into RP / Voyager, your ship was augmented with Borg technology..

Just remember that a .1 = 10%, Cryptic just doesn't have the wording uniform yet across the game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 04:41 PM
Yah just tough to pick between 10% accuracy, and the Snare especially as a tactical officer for DPS accuracy may become a bigger deal down the line.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 04:43 PM
needs a smaller cooldown and a much larger range
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtftintin View Post
needs a smaller cooldown and a much larger range
negative on the range.. it's supposed to be the nanite injectors from your wrist... not a gun.. It's still 7.1 meters which is further then melee if you use it right. Also, you are Borg.. you have 10% health and shield regen... you can take a hit

Now... if you choose to not bring someone with skills to heal or repair that is your fault..
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 05:16 PM
Same question though 10% space accuracy as a tactical officer or Neural Blast snare for Ground