Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan66
At this point Cryptic has failed to deliver a head start that people paid for. I think some financial compensation is in order.

I would recommend a credit of $5 to every head start purchase as a credit toward monthly subscriptions or a refund for lifetime subscribers.
I want a refund from you for wasting 34.5second of my time, my solicitor will be in touch to commence proceedings
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 05:53 PM
What if Cryptic offered a c-store credit to the head-start crowd by way of thanking us for being patient with the server issues. It wouldn't cost them anything really, and it might even drive future c-store sales for those not inclined to consider the option at all.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syhn
I am glad however that the senior members are ridiculing these dorks.
Please point out to me the portion of your Head Start EULA contract where it specifies that the servers WILL be up 24/7 no matter what, and you have a case
IMPLYING that there is such an agreement doesnt make it so
Do you sue your power company during a blackout?
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 06:03 PM
It's a hard Knock Life. deal with it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 06:09 PM
i think if you read the entire ToS you'd find you're getting what you agreed to and pay for. In case you didnt realize, EVERY major online game has bugs and issues with capacity when they start or release a really big patch or expansion.

Just chillax.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what everyone keeps griping about in that they have PAID for this. I have $5.00 deposited at my local game store for my pre-order, thats it. The Lifetime sub excuse is a weak argument as this is a bonus start time not official release.

I've been in retail for almost 20 years and it's people with this kind of attitude that make noone want to wait on them or help them with anything as they have such an entitleist attitude that is sadly following the European model and becoming the norm here in the U.S.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 06:33 PM
I didn't notice the headstart till after I pre-ordered. And the pre-order was cheaper as Game have now put their prices for STO up, so technically I've paid less to access headstart. Win.

Hmm, actually, as nothing has come out of my bank account yet, I haven't paid anything for headstart.

And if you've bought a lifetime sub, what's a couple of days here and there...?

Still... on the other hand, the servers really should be able to handle the load that they're getting. Kinda shows a lack of faith in your own product to not provide resources for the amount of people that are trying to access STO.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan66
At this point Cryptic has failed to deliver a head start that people paid for. I think some financial compensation is in order.

I would recommend a credit of $5 to every head start purchase as a credit toward monthly subscriptions or a refund for lifetime subscribers.
It simply states that you can play before release. Did you play before release? Yes? Then it can't be refunded. You got exactly what you paid for.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 06:36 PM
I'm fairly pleased so far. Hey, I've been through the hell that was Star Wars Galaxies so really, this is nothing compared to that. It's a rough start but I've experienced it in every game. I'll just play another game if this one goes offline...then come back when it's up and running..no big deal.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 06:39 PM
The heck with headstart. I'd pay double for the opportunity to beat one of these fanbois with a shovel.