Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landmass
The heck with headstart. I'd pay double for the opportunity to beat one of these fanbois with a shovel.
I'm sure they'd pay to do the same if they could so it goes both ways and doesn't make you a better person to call anyone a fanboi.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-31-2010, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerphate View Post
This actually isn't a post of WAHH THIS GAME SUCKS.. It is straight to the point. In a way, we were offered the option to pay to get a head start. And like was mentioned, due to downtime this hasn't happened. I just don't think they can legally list on websites "get a headstart" as a feature and not really offer it.

Also, I like the game, I am thinking about subbing, but still holding out to see what happens.
I made it to Lt. Comm in one day... I will probably make it to Commander before the game launches, regardless of server issues.

Any lvl above level 1 is a headstart when compared to the people who will play after Feb 2nd.

That being said, I fail to see your point. Cryptic never guaranteed you a perfect headstart. They just guaranteed you access to the servers before launch. Despite there being maintenance and such, you still have access before the official launch.

Quote:
The heck with headstart. I'd pay double for the opportunity to beat one of these fanbois with a shovel.
Get out of your moms basement first.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-31-2010, 06:45 PM
Oh shut up with this crap. Just be glad the little outages have happened now and not at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-31-2010, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seru1 View Post
Oh shut up with this crap. Just be glad the little outages have happened now and not at launch.
* Troll speak *
bu.. bu.. but it is la.. la.. launch right?
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-31-2010, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Fanboi: "A person who knows how MMO's work and who know that whining doesn't achieve anything except making the whiner look like a jackass."

You know what I did when I decided I didn't like what Blizzard was doing with WoW? I stopped giving them my money.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
* Troll speak *
bu.. bu.. but it is la.. la.. launch right?
No... but it is almost lunch! For me at least... :p
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-31-2010, 06:49 PM
Every game launch has issues, I personally just expected more foresight from Cryptic. This isn't their first game release, they should of expected issues such as pbase caps. I mean it's Star Trek, did they really expect basic servers to be able to handle the fanbase?
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2010, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCorvus
Fanboi: "A person who knows how MMO's work and who know that whining doesn't achieve anything except making the whiner look like a jackass."

You know what I did when I decided I didn't like what Blizzard was doing with WoW? I stopped giving them my money.
Exactly, and when I decided to stop giving them money what did I say on their forums? Oh, wait, nothing. I quietly left without causing problems. If only more people followed this kind of logic, eh?
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-31-2010, 06:53 PM
I hit my first in-pass in a mission where an npc was frozen. I am a life time subscriber so i have rim to let them work bugs out but dang lol.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-31-2010, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan66
At this point Cryptic has failed to deliver a head start that people paid for. I think some financial compensation is in order.

I would recommend a credit of $5 to every head start purchase as a credit toward monthly subscriptions or a refund for lifetime subscribers.
I think that's reasonable. Lets see. You payed for the game. And revived Head start as a bonus. I have credited you the full $0 Cryptic owes you, have a nice day

P.S Your not even CHARGED until the 2nd.