Lt. Commander
# 1531
05-10-2010, 07:38 AM
Lt. Commander
# 1532
05-10-2010, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilaac View Post
LOL, wish I had thought of that when I was in school!!
Lt. Commander
# 1533
05-10-2010, 08:27 AM
I had something to the secret emails sent in the games "AssassinsCreed". where you write the answers and stuff in capitals on a page. which is why I somtimes take spam emails and copy the text contens into notepad and then sift through it to see if there's a hidden message (usually there's not, but still fun). I'm like the worst code breaker ever as I try to crack spam email codes).

luckily that's not part of my job, but takes away some of the days boredom.
Lt. Commander
# 1534
05-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Haha I don't think I'd get away with that lol

First exam went fine anyway. Only 4 more to go...
Lt. Commander
# 1535
05-10-2010, 08:41 AM
what are they? A-levels? (I'm guessing, I think you're British from GSC)..
Lt. Commander
# 1536
05-10-2010, 09:07 AM
I am British indeed but I'm doing the first year of a Computing degree
Lt. Commander
# 1537
05-10-2010, 09:56 AM
ah, shiny.

well, good luck with that.. what we need is more people with degrees who can't get jobs (although with IT there's more jobs, but they won't give them out to people without computing degrees or good maths (I can strip down, clean and rebuild/upgrade/repair a PC hardware in less than an hour, but nooo... I hate maths)).

I did media technology at Uni, never finished it, but there was one workshop I missed, which was taking to pieces a pc and labelling it, answering questions, etc. I was in a different workshop, finished that work, got 100% in it, went into the other workshop to make up for missing it, took apart a pc on my own, put it back together and answered all the questions, all in 20 mins ON MY OWN when others were in groups. Got 100% in that module too...

the govermentator didn't really think that through did they? experience over theoretical knowledge.

As i've always said, better to get out there and do it rather than to sit and write about it.

besides, Shakespear said "the whole worlds a stage". yes, the world is a stage, but since everyone is on the stage, who is watching the actors? (that's MY saying, anyway).

rant over
Lt. Commander
# 1538
05-10-2010, 10:10 AM
The Best Star Trek Duo Poll on the Fleet forum await you
Lt. Commander
# 1539
05-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
ah, shiny.

well, good luck with that.. what we need is more people with degrees who can't get jobs (although with IT there's more jobs, but they won't give them out to people without computing degrees or good maths (I can strip down, clean and rebuild/upgrade/repair a PC hardware in less than an hour, but nooo... I hate maths)).

I did media technology at Uni, never finished it, but there was one workshop I missed, which was taking to pieces a pc and labelling it, answering questions, etc. I was in a different workshop, finished that work, got 100% in it, went into the other workshop to make up for missing it, took apart a pc on my own, put it back together and answered all the questions, all in 20 mins ON MY OWN when others were in groups. Got 100% in that module too...

the govermentator didn't really think that through did they? experience over theoretical knowledge.

As i've always said, better to get out there and do it rather than to sit and write about it.

besides, Shakespear said "the whole worlds a stage". yes, the world is a stage, but since everyone is on the stage, who is watching the actors? (that's MY saying, anyway).

rant over
I agree completely which is why I'm currently trying to build my own PC. No idea what to get when it comes to graphics cards though. Any suggestions?
Lt. Commander
# 1540
05-10-2010, 05:10 PM
great raid tonight...

dont forget Federation Fleet is recruiting