Lt. Commander
These forums are bringing me down, man.

I'm 37 and have been a Star Trek fan for about 36 years. I had a viewmaster with Star Trek cartoons in it when I was a kid and my teddy bears were bridge officers.

I can do the nerdy Vulcan sign, I didn't like Enterprise and Janeway is the best Captain.

I am not a hardcore gamer. I tired WoW but got tired of running everywhere on my own.

This game is just bloody good fun. It's been very easy to pick up and I've managed to chicken wing my way through most things so far. Sector Space is brilliant, and USS Team Yankee has been kicking ass and taking names. I'm beating up Klingons and those dog things and shooting Gorn ships while I navigate beautiful star systems.

So I will keep playing an hour or so a night (except last night when I was up till 3am).

This game is not perfect, but then neither is Star Trek.

Engage!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 06:57 PM
You think Janeway is the best captain?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 06:58 PM
This man is obviously delusional.

Though the thread title is sound advice.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 06:59 PM
Yeah, probably the best way to enjoy any MMORPG is to keep away from the forums, which are the first place people go when it's time to complain about something.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crushorange View Post
You think Janeway is the best captain?
Yeah, I was thinking that and the ship name might prove his other statements false.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 07:00 PM
i'd say thats the best way to do it

i tend to bother with the forums because the rage here makes me laugh, but its not going to be for everyone so if its causing problems, best ignore this part of the service and enjoy the actual part

besides, i still need to see if i'll win my bet with my work mate that this launch will see more rage/quit/epic fail threads than CO did... and we're getting close!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 07:01 PM
Gotta disagree with you on Janeway, (Kirk would defile then shoot her...) but good to see that you are not going to let all the nay-sayers ruin it for us. Hope to see in game once things stabilize!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 07:04 PM
i like enterprise, hate its theme though
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 07:06 PM
I hear you, man. The only reason I'm on the forums now and not playing is because I'm at work. The forums will always paint the game as far worse than it really is, in every way.

Janeway does not get enough love.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmars View Post
These forums are bringing me down, man.

I'm 37 and have been a Star Trek fan for about 36 years. I had a viewmaster with Star Trek cartoons in it when I was a kid and my teddy bears were bridge officers.

I can do the nerdy Vulcan sign, I didn't like Enterprise and Janeway is the best Captain.

I am not a hardcore gamer. I tired WoW but got tired of running everywhere on my own.

This game is just bloody good fun. It's been very easy to pick up and I've managed to chicken wing my way through most things so far. Sector Space is brilliant, and USS Team Yankee has been kicking ass and taking names. I'm beating up Klingons and those dog things and shooting Gorn ships while I navigate beautiful star systems.

So I will keep playing an hour or so a night (except last night when I was up till 3am).

This game is not perfect, but then neither is Star Trek.

Engage!
you know that's not a bad idea. sadly I'm stuck at work for the next 4 hours with nothing to do while these virus scans, and defrags run. so the forum is the one thing to do.