Career Officer
# 21
12-12-2013, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfomega View Post
Remember, it is Q's wonderland.. and Q is annoyed Picard, Janeway, Sisko and everyone around him in every episode.

I think it would be just like Q to make his creations annoy you
Yeah, but Sisko punched Q.
Career Officer
# 22
12-12-2013, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l9of20 View Post
"kissing Q's butt"
Apparently you haven't watched much Star Trek with Q.

These guys were all created by Q. Don't you think the personality that Q gives them would be one of kissing his butt?

You're lucky he doesn't make your character do that, too.

And yes, it's annoying--but, that's Q for you.
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
12-12-2013, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecrook View Post
Even with voices off, you still hear the very annoying Q butt kissing and other voices.
On day 1, I enacted

Options -> Audio -> Voice Volume -> 0

since then, not one voice has been heard from my speakers. Sucks to be you? -shrug-
Stock answers:
EA: "Soon™"
Cryptic: "[Feature] Will Be Added Back In Later™"
Lieutenant
# 24
12-12-2013, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloishammer View Post
On day 1, I enacted

Options -> Audio -> Voice Volume -> 0

since then, not one voice has been heard from my speakers. Sucks to be you? -shrug-
Tried that crap already. It didnt work for me. Those voice overs NEED to be deleted. They are annoying and useless. Plus I am only in the winter wonderland to get the 8x10 pics of Q since I cant afford to buy lock box keys since someone within the game whined and cried to the people here within the forums and sent in complaints about the Tour of the Universe and they wont stop messing with the rewards from the Foundry missions, so I have lost my abilities to gather EC like I use to
C&C of the Federation Outsiders
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-17-2013, 08:22 AM
people might take you more seriously if crap was used a little less..

anyway as mentioned before Q is a jerk who likes people kissing his ass. unlike the founder does not want anybody sparing him the sycophancy. don't hang out for hours at the pavilion get done what you need to do and move on if it annoys you.

frankly it doesn't bother me I think its funny and fits right in with how Q would do things. possibly motivation from the devs to get people out actually doing content. instead of camping social areas complaining about minor aspects of the game.
Captain
# 26
12-18-2013, 01:20 AM
The sycophancy seems pretty appropriate, but that Epohh Lady has the most annoying voice ever, as bad as 2.8 Leetas. Couldn't they have gotten Michael Dorn to do it?
Career Officer
# 27
12-18-2013, 01:35 AM
last year the winter event was a nice place to chill out, decide what mission i wanna do next maybe kill some snowmen and stuff

this year its like i go in, do what i wanted to do and get our asap cause all these voice stuff really are annoying as hell and i dont want to continuosly adjust my voice audio setting to cope with it
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-18-2013, 01:44 AM
If they lower their volume a bit, and adjust the delay between messages, it'd probably be fine.
Captain
# 29
01-09-2014, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l9of20 View Post
I have seen people in Zone chat even say that they want to take an EPOHH and shove it down her digital throat to shut her up
PWE/Cryptic are missing a golden zen unlockable opportunity there.

Frankly though, I find her the least annoying of the three. I'd pay good zen to skewer the chef. At least the Breen aren't talking, or electronically gargling, or whatever that is that they do.