Lt. Commander
# 1 ~ Grow Up ~
01-31-2010, 06:12 PM
This is a brand new game. No game has even launched seamlessly and none have ever launched without issue.

If my memory serves me correctly, Cryptic would have lost the rights to STO, had they missed their deadline. And they would have forfeit their rights to the STO IP (Millions of dollars lost). Does this matter to me, as a customer? No. Either I like the game or I don't. But, it also means I'm more patient if there's nothing else for me to play too. The designers might be here to entertain and amaze us, but the company they work for is here to make money.

If you don't like it, talk about it. If you love it, talk about it. But either way, it should be done with tact and a whole lot of class. And much of what I've read on the forums, as of late, have been sorely lacking in tact and class. Too many people see the internet is a free pass to say or do whatever they want. Many of you could do with a dose of reality.

I have long since given up on being hopeful of games being impressive or ground-breaking. I never have any expectations, because no game is made expressly for me or my preferences. I either like it or I don't. I play it or I move on. I'm not gonna cry about it, like many people are, and I am not the least bit upset about anything disappointing in the game. Disappoint me enough and I will simply stop playing it.

On a personal note, I think people that complain when they cannot game as much as someone else "because they have a life" should just die. Stop crying because you can't play as often as someone else. Stop making excuses for your lack of time and do something about it or just shut up. Your failure needs no explanation. By your very actions you are the opposite of and define the term- hardcore.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie01
This is a brand new game. No game has even launched seamlessly and none have ever launched without issue.

If my memory serves me correctly, Cryptic would have lost the rights to STO, had they missed their deadline. And they would have forfeit their rights to the STO IP (Millions of dollars lost). Does this matter to me, as a customer? No. Either I like the game or I don't. But, it also means I'm more patient if there's nothing else for me to play too. The designers might be here to entertain and amaze us, but the company they work for is here to make money.

If you don't like it, talk about it. If you love it, talk about it. But either way, it should be done with tact and a whole lot of class. And much of what I've read on the forums, as of late, have been sorely lacking in tact and class. Too many people see the internet is a free pass to say or do whatever they want. Many of you could do with a dose of reality.

I have long since given up on being hopeful of games being impressive or ground-breaking. I never have any expectations, because no game is made expressly for me or my preferences. I either like it or I don't. I play it or I move on. I'm not gonna cry about it, like many people are, and I am not the least bit upset about anything disappointing in the game. Disappoint me enough and I will simply stop playing it.

On a personal note, I think people that complain when they cannot game as much as someone else "because they have a life" should just die. Stop crying because you can't play as often as someone else. Stop making excuses for your lack of time and do something about it or just shut up. Your failure needs no explanation. By your very actions you are the opposite of and define the term- hardcore.
Yeah really. So many people are making hate threads and making threats. The game is new and I think people forget that. The good news is the one's that complain all the time will probably end up quitting which means that's 1 less complainer we have to deal with. I doubt enough people will quit to ruin the game since look at all the people with WOW that continue to make threats on quitting when the servers go down but in all actuality they never do they just like to complain so people will give them attention.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 06:44 PM
I wouldn't class not being able to play as much as someone else as 'failure'.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 06:57 PM
Really I would say this is the point where Cryptic needs the most support from us players. Most of us here have been waiting for a good star trek game for a long time. I do get frustrated a little bit with the ques and downtime but I think that Cryptic has what it takes to make this game great. They need our support so they can shake out all of the bugs in the game and our suggestions to improve upon it. I don't know about everyone else but I don't want to wait longer for another star trek game. So i give Cryptic my full support, because without support from us players this game will definitely fail and then we will have nothing. So give Cryptic a break.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 06:59 PM
So it's too much for us to want a game to launch 'seamlessly'? Just because this is the trend... why are you supporting it by writing rubbish? If only people like you learned, maybe I (and others like me) would finally get what we are supposed to get and not a half-finished work in progress. You make me ill.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 07:06 PM
Grow up dude. If you don't like it don't play it and quit your whining.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie01

Well this is an MMO in the me, my-self and I generation. You will find all kinds, but on the forums tend to be the instant gratification QQers mainly. Mixed in is the rational adults. But they are few and far between the usual MMO forum crowd.

I agree a game is just a game. Being able to login or not isn't going to kill anyone. Especially in an MMO that can last years. Too bad some players believe MMO's are a way of life. They think somehow it will translate to RL. It is sad really. O well, at least I am having fun in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zube1989 View Post
Grow up dude. If you don't like it don't play it and quit your whining.
I will not, because unlike you, i don't have 'lowered expectations'. Somebody could probably give you a nice shiny red ball and you would be happy for hours on end.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteppenRazor
So it's too much for us to want a game to launch 'seamlessly'? Just because this is the trend... why are you supporting it by writing rubbish? If only people like you learned, maybe I (and others like me) would finally get what we are supposed to get and not a half-finished work in progress. You make me ill.
It is too much for you to ask. This is a video game, not RL. Too bad you can not tell the difference. You know what to expect from MMO's. They are all the same and will never change. Deal with or unplug your compurter and sell it. You will never get what you ask for in a video game. All you can do is not pay to play and never come back.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteppenRazor
You need to get over yourself and accept the reality of the world you live in. You paid for a product that, by it's nature, is always changing and evolving. You also paid for a product that, by it's nature, is forever operating in an unstable state due to the thousands-upon-thousands of user-end variables that have to be calculated and compensated for by the same singular piece of software you purchased.

If you want a bug-free product that you can sink an unhealthy amount of time into, go with Mass Effect 2 or Fallout 3 or some other single-player experience.