Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 659
# 11
12-12-2013, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
I'm looking for something the game is currently lacking. Balance. An even playing field. A game where no single build becomes "the build" for winning. Where creative thinking and creative builds mean something.
Then you are looking for a different game. There is no hope for that here, unless some other publisher takes over STO. I have high hopes for the rebuild of Pirates that Portalus is working on.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 596
# 12
12-12-2013, 08:53 AM
I find balance in all things of life.
Nerf Bops!
Say the word, it saves the world.
CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,724
# 13
12-12-2013, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
An honest presentation might help your case. Rather than suggesting that game mechanic XYZ is broken/malfunctioning because it doesn't work the way you'd like, just admit it's your wholly subjective personal opinion that it should work differently.
My requests for balance are not limited to things I don't like/use. I run healers a lot, yet in the past I've said that healing has gone overboard. No ship should be able to heal up to 100%. Each ship should have an initial hull, current maximum hull and current hull. You die when current hull reaches 0. When you take damage, your current hull is reduced by the amount of the damage and your current maximum hull is reduced by 50% of the damage. You can't heal above your current maximum damage.

That would kill some of my tank builds, forcing me to start from scratch with them. It's also a hit 'd be prepared to take if the game benefited from the change.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerstorm View Post
Then you are looking for a different game. There is no hope for that here, unless some other publisher takes over STO. I have high hopes for the rebuild of Pirates that Portalus is working on.
Is it wrong to hope for balance? I hope not!!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,360
# 14
12-12-2013, 09:01 AM
Invoking the term "balance" doesn't render you immune to the possibility that you are presenting your opinions as objective facts.

The way I see it used in these forums, "balance" very often means "either my preferred build is awesomesauce I-win button, or the game is unbalanced."

No, balance does not mean every random, silly build must be successful, or that a limited number if ideal setups won't eventually emerge.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,473
# 15
12-12-2013, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
...

BFAW and CSV, however, are quantity over quality. They're not so much as landing precise hits, they're more about landing as many as possible to as many targets as possible. As such they should have a diminished critical hit multiplier, like CritH reduced by 25% of total, to reflect the rushed nature of the weapon.
....
So what are you complaining about, because this is actually the case, BFAW on a 'per/shot' basis does have a lower Crit chance... (Though BFAW Weapon Proc was broken, and is suppose to fixed with todays Tribble patch...)

Last edited by grouchyotaku; 12-12-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,200
# 16
12-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
As I understand it, there's a tactical officer on the bridge of your ship, spamming that spacebar when you're in a space fight. One would hope that he and the ships computer are working together to aim for critical or vulnerable areas of the enemy's ship. This occasionally results in a critical hit. This is how I imagine regular fire, BO and CRF working.

BFAW and CSV, however, are quantity over quality. They're not so much as landing precise hits, they're more about landing as many as possible to as many targets as possible. As such they should have a diminished critical hit multiplier, like CritH reduced by 25% of total, to reflect the rushed nature of the weapon.

Rushed nature, you say? Well, BFAW and CSV fire more shots at more targets than regular fire. In order to fire more shots at more targets you would need to act quicker in order to achieve that. Less time per shot = rushed. Also, if it wasn't harder or more stressful to do what BFAW and CSV do then they'd be the norm and regular fire wouldn't exist.

I sense there will be some people who think this makes sense. I also think there will be staunch BFAW users who won't be able to see logic because they're blinded by the thought that their dreamboats would be affected by this.

-------------------------------------------------------

If this was taken away from beam users what would be left for them ?

beam overload ? LOL 4k to 10k average shots every 15 seconds ? Lmao

beam users only get 1/2 of the proc rate verses CRF users and 1/2 the damage considering the romulan crit rate advantage 2x the shots 2x the crits 2x the damage

bfaw equalizes this a little but it hits everything in range and not a single target

your looking at this with a narrow vision yourself and not the bigger picture

I suggest you open your eyes wider
Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 659
# 17
12-12-2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
Is it wrong to hope for balance? I hope not!!
This sign above the entrance says 'Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.'
Lieutenant
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 97
# 18
12-12-2013, 10:13 AM
I happen to agree with the OP I think the number of shots could be increased a bit and the crit chance lowered some... I see this as a common sense canon type change not a balance nerf. It wouldn't change much... As long as we are on the topic of canon changes CRF and BFAW should have lower ACC too. But I don't really care either way...

However that ONE dildo above is pissing me off in how rude and stuck up he's acting towards the OP arguments. 500 zen says he flies and AUX2BAT FAW boat... Now who is self serving? I can reccomend a good proctologist if you ever decide to have your head pulled out. Per regulation I can't say his name...

Consider arguments objectively... It's hard but possible I think most of you are being a bit too closed minded. Your emotions are illogical...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,926
# 19
12-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by samt1996 View Post
I happen to agree with the OP I think the number of shots could be increased a bit and the crit chance lowered some... I see this as a common sense canon type change not a balance nerf. It wouldn't change much... As long as we are on the topic of canon changes CRF and BFAW should have lower ACC too. But I don't really care either way...

However that ONE dildo above is pissing me off in how rude and stuck up he's acting towards the OP arguments. 500 zen says he flies and AUX2BAT FAW boat... Now who is self serving? I can reccomend a good proctologist if you ever decide to have your head pulled out. Per regulation I can't say his name...

Consider arguments objectively... It's hard but possible I think most of you are being a bit too closed minded. Your emotions are illogical...
OP is the most self serving here, most likely hoping to get a few lulz out of trying to ruin other's fun.

Only an idiot would want to nerf the critical rate for the damage dealing abilities..... I would say rather heals should get a critical hit too, and there they should heal more than the usual number.

All MMOs have more critical hit mechanics, not even less.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,724
# 20
12-12-2013, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by samt1996 View Post
I happen to agree with the OP I think the number of shots could be increased a bit and the crit chance lowered some... I see this as a common sense canon type change not a balance nerf. It wouldn't change much... As long as we are on the topic of canon changes CRF and BFAW should have lower ACC too. But I don't really care either way...
Good idea. Higher pressure damage, less spike. Thank you for not treating my idea as a trolling attempt as others seem to.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
OP is the most self serving here, most likely hoping to get a few lulz out of trying to ruin other's fun.

Only an idiot would want to nerf the critical rate for the damage dealing abilities..... I would say rather heals should get a critical hit too, and there they should heal more than the usual number.

All MMOs have more critical hit mechanics, not even less.
Self serving? Trying to get lulz? No. I'm not here to troll. I'm here to post my thoughts and opinions regarding the game. If you think that calling someone self-serving and calling their ideas to be that of an idiot then so be it. Feel free to troll some more.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:59 AM.