Lt. Commander
# 1 Gender and Customisation
01-31-2010, 06:45 PM
Not sure if this belongs in General or Bridge Officer feedback, but I'll just put it here.
I looked back a couple of pages and I don't see any feedback like this...

There were two things that particularly disappointed me when I go to customise my captain and bridge crew:
-I'm sad that when picking stances, I can't choose 'cute' for men (or 'seductive' for that matter).
-Apparently giant boobs are compulsory for women. I turned the bust slider all the way down on my captain and she still looks like a lingerie model.

That's it!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 07:10 PM
I agree - it's really disappointing and prescriptive that 'stances' can be gender specific elements.

Regardless of whether I would choose those options or not, it would be inherently more immersing and varied if any possible combination of stance, gender and look was possible. It seems a particularly bizarre decision to put such constraints in a Star Trek game, since as a progressive series (and as science fiction in general) a great deal of the point is to challenge and dislodge conventions and assumptions.

As for the bust thing, it's just plain stupid, for exactly the same reasons as above but in an even more obvious way.

I mean this as constructive criticism BTW, and not as contribution to the legion of whinging/flaming that seems to be happening. I think that the level of customisation is great, and just don't understand why they'd limit it for the reasons given.