Lt. Commander
# 1 Ground Vs. Space
01-31-2010, 12:37 PM
Is it just me or does ground PvP go significantly faster than space based pvp....

Space takes 5+ minutes before the first battle often as the sides will play coward fed ball, and coward cloaked ball....at least in cap and hold maps it forces one side to make a move...

At least in ground the groups will rush each other more... even group vs group... which makes it go much much quicker... 40 kills seems like nothing when you get some good battles going when people aren't afraid to die.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 01:21 PM
Ground PvP can take ages if both teams are full and know what they are doing. When both sides bunker up and wait its just as slow as space. Even slower if you ask me in such cases 40 kills take over an hour.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 02:03 PM
Yup, been in some epic 40 min battles in T2 Ground PvP.

Its random really, sometimes one team will sweep the map and you'll get a short game (both ground AND space PvP). Ground PvP game length also depends on the mix of classes in the team.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 02:08 PM
From what I've seen (I timed about 20 matches), Area Control takes the longest, ground deathmatch is in the middle and space deathmatch is generally the quickest.

It does vary on how the game starts though. I was in a Cracked Planet today that took forever because it was 3 Klingons vs 5 Feds for a while, so we just stayed cloaked til the teams evened out.

The game really should create a "pre-match holding area" that doesn't open until the teams fill out.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 07:10 PM
Ground is better I reckon, no fed balls. I do think space goes faster unless the ground has large teams.