Lt. Commander
# 1 Downloading the torrent
02-03-2010, 12:39 PM
I have a lifetime subscription but due to BT forgetting to transfer my broadband connection to my new house I've only just managed to get back online (missed the last bit of beta and the headstart dammit!)

Nevermind I figured at least all of the early adopters will have downloaded the client already, however I have just started to get the STO torrent and I'm showing the ETA as over 2 weeks lol. I've never really used bitTorrent and am wondering if this is right? If so, I may as well bite the bullet and cancel the download now and wait for my Amazon copy to arrive on the 5th.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 12:41 PM
Bit torrent? Wouldn't that be pirated then?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I tried to download via bit torrent too when I couldn't get it to work right through one of the sites doing it, I tink my estimate was something similar before I gave up and did it at a friends house instead.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stucky00 View Post
Bit torrent? Wouldn't that be pirated then?
Erm nope don't think so, got the link from the STO website :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 12:51 PM
its the nature of torrents.

make sure you have a new client like "U torrent" (mu torrent) and just be patient, within a few hours your compleation time will drop quit a bit.

it takes torrent clients a bit of time to find stable/available peers to download from, the longer you are connected the more sources become available to you thus lowering your download time