Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 09:37 PM
how about 0.1% accuracy???
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 09:40 PM
These are good points. And before someone says it (because they will) its not a matter of intelligence or complexity. Its simply a matter of crpytic just not being clear with what things do.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 09:44 PM
agreed! i wish i could just call them and speak to Zinc and be like.. "ok seriously WTF?"

why do my away team members hop around like bunnies? explain that.
why does the kirk roll suck? explain that.
please explain how my stats are affected by debuffs using like terms.
what does "All damage strength for 30 Sec" mean?
what does "Turn Rate Strength" mean? i don't even have a stat listed for "Turn Rate Strength". i don't even have a Turn Rate that i can look up outside the shipyard. i have Inertia, but it never changes.

like c'mon cryptic. PLEASE!
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 09:51 PM
Quote:
what's the difference between Starship Deflector and Starship Deflector Dish?
there are two rewards... its the same high stats except they reverse them.... i think it might explain that one if you right click. but yeah... that one is a head scratcher.

but then you might not even want a deflector... your skill might call for an emiiter!

I was also clueless at first if tractor beam for example was a peice of equipment or skill
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 09:55 PM
oh yah. one more thing. please explain why-- when i travel "east" to "west" across the sector map, say Sirius for example-- i exit the right side of the sector near the bottom, facing "east", and spawn in the next sector block facing "north" half-way up the grid?

i'll put this another way: i go in here --> and i come out up there ^ facing the wrong direction.

north, east, west, and south are strange concepts in space. how come we can't use the standard Starfleet navigation method? we don't actuall have to use it, but it would be nice to see my heading somewhere, y'know, 163 mark 6. means hang a left and go up a little. don't have to USE it, but would be nice to see.

sorry, tried to keep it simple. will keep it simple in the future.

wait, maybe i meant heading "west". khaaaaaaaaannnn!!
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 10:00 PM
I hate to bring WoW into it. But I do find its a good standard of what these kinds of MMOs should look towards. But it puts things down clearly and legibly.

E.G - An item will have a clear list of stats. Lets say, increase strength. The Strength stat is easily located, which will tell you it increases attack power, which will tell you it increases dps. An ability will state "Does so an so amount of damage, costs so and so amount of mana, and has a cooldown of so and so." As well as any other effects.

Another example is eve. Although its more complex, it clearly states what everything does in some easily accessed place.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 10:15 PM
One thing that should be added. If there are going to be missions that require a certain lvl in order to "complete" it. Then a lower lvl shouldn't be able to accpet the mission. I was able to complete other parts of that patrol sector, but the remaining two parts I cannot complete. Was going to submit a ticket and now I see that they say you have to be lvl 4 to complete it. Why would this one have parts that can be completed before lvl 4 and other parts that can't? Makes no sense to me.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 10:16 PM

I'm updating the OP. It may seem selective, but I am only including items that are critical for core gameplay (not being able to sit in your captain's chair is periphery in reference to this thread.)

Please keep the information coming, and be CLEAR as to what you want clarified. Its difficult enough not knowing what some of the stuff means in game
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 10:19 PM
ok, another thing. where do my shields actually get their power from? i know they have X amount of hitpoints, and i can re-allocate those hitpoints.. but how many get transfered?

whatever happened to 'our shields are at 89%, captain!' ...i have no percent. i have white bars. and when i change those bars around, i don't know how much is getting moved, but they're less red. 12 pixels worth. they grow a little. how come it doesn't actually drain my allocated shield power from the power monitor?

also, what is meant by 'each pulse' when using the tach beam? how many pulses do i get? how many per second? says drains shields, good enough for me for now. makes things glow red on the bad guys, must be a good thing for me.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-31-2010, 10:28 PM
The lack of documentation for this game is a serious issue. At first I thought it was just a "beta issue" (we know about as much today as they did at the end of CB) but it is really getting ridiculous when basic systems haven't been explained. I have looked at it a lot but I can't actually tell HOW MUCH and WHAT certain skills affect abilities (this particularly vexes me with all the engineering skills).

I mean they haven't even updated the ship listing in who knows how long. I mean it would be nice to have stable servers and all but knowing wtf I am putting my skill points into so I can make proper decisions would be nice.

This is the sort of stuff that should have been released at OB time.