Lt. Commander
# 21
01-31-2010, 10:04 PM
i'm just too tired to post any more.. +405 heath effects. +7.5 spacial anomaly. i have absolutely no idea what that means. +7.5% faster scanning? +7.5% distance can be scanned from? will find 7.5 more anomalies?

it's exhausting trying to figure this out, just a total drag.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-02-2010, 05:14 AM
It causes all sorts of problems.

I have great difficulty choosing between items, as I dont really know what they mean. Especially things like consols. Like the guy above me said "7.5 space anomaly"?

Also, what is the difference between phasers and disrupters, aparantly a bunch of random jargon about phasing being offline and what not. No idea what thats about.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-02-2010, 05:27 AM
Lots of items have aditional information provided...simply click it with your right mousebutton and select info...and all gets a lot clearer.

Oh and you can sit in your captains chair.... /e sitchair...whatever
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-02-2010, 05:31 AM
excellent points all around
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-02-2010, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poldii
Lots of items have aditional information provided...simply click it with your right mousebutton and select info...and all gets a lot clearer.

Oh and you can sit in your captains chair.... /e sitchair...whatever
Yes they do but most of those are still very vague. Unfortunatly with the exception of WoW, LOTR, DDO and EVE most MMO's don't explain thier stats or items and such very well.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-02-2010, 07:21 PM
I'm giving these a bump since the issues were not addressed in the latest patch,
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobFlowers View Post

1) B]The skill trees[/b][/color] offer very little explanation as to what they do practically.
Agreed. I would also like to see the effect of my increasing the skill in the skill window BEFORE I apply the change.

Quote:
2) [Important Item stats are omitted: Things like cool down and energy consumption are not included in the mouse over tool tips for all items. How can we be expected to plan/strategize our preferred gameplay if we can not even make informed decisions regarding their cool downs, or how much of a toll they take on our energy reserves?
I have stumbled into this, or maybe I am just blind, but ranges on attacks on the ground are not listed. I have dual pistols and the expose attack only works when you are almost on top of the enemy.

Quote:
3) [u]"Speed /U]A permanent speed display for myself and my enemies would be helpful. How else am I suppose to know how fast to go if I want to tail a slow moving target without over taking them?
I don't necessarily agree with this, you can tell if you are approaching an enemy or not.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Quote:
3) Speed A permanent speed display for myself and my enemies would be helpful. How else am I suppose to know how fast to go if I want to tail a slow moving target without over taking them?
[/color]
In the mean time you can use the measure of distance and how fast it increases, decreases or doesn't change relative to your target to gauge your speed it your going to fast or two slow.

Works for me well enough anyway.

increasing distance following target = i am going to slow

increasing distance leading the target = i am going to fast.

decreasing if I am following target = i am going to fast

decreasing if I am leading target = i am going to slow
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Releeshahn View Post
oh i can add to this list! i have some things that have been seriously ****ing me off.

for example: what the hell does
"To Self: 0 genades for 2 seconds" mean?
"photon grenade 1 transit to source"?

"turret grabs owners stats for buffs"? i know what it says, but buffs are applied, stats are stats...

what's the difference between physical and kinetic. if there IS a difference.

why does my ship have a stat for Cold resist? expecting Frost Bolt?

what's the difference between Starship Deflector and Starship Deflector Dish?

+2 Hold? what does it start at? 0?

ramping up skills: +6. +10. +what? percent? is that 6 + 10 for 16? or +6 to +10 for a total difference of 4? from +6 to +10 for beam weapons was 160 to 165 damage at 70 units of power. that's like 1.6%. it's not 16%. it's not even 16 damage.

I JUST DON'T GET IT

these arbitrary stats are driving me NUTS, i don't understand what they mean. +21% Self Strength Damage Resistance then applies Resistance on targets for 3% of Targets Targets Kinetic blah blah why is there a difference between Knockback and Repel in ground combat?

seriously this is frustrating. why so many terms? Cryptic knows what they mean. WE DON'T.
^^ What he said. I was hoping when I picked up the game DVD it would be explained in the manual, but manual is 4 pages long. Cryptic, get your **** together.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-03-2010, 09:55 AM
This thread sums up my only real set of fustrations with STO. Unfortunately this is also the very issue that prevents me from thinking abot STO as anything more than a couple months of 'filler' gaming until something else comes along.

If I can't plan long term, it should be no suprise that I don't expect to play long term either.