Lieutenant
# 1 We Need a Ship Parts Pack
03-11-2014, 08:41 PM
Seriously, the lack of customization options is just awful on the newer ships. PLEASE let us give our ships a bit more of a unique feel. The Avenger is just awful.

Put a "ship parts" pack in the C-store with a handful of new nacelles, saucers, pylons, hulls, etc, and I'll buy it.l I don't even care about the price.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2014, 08:50 PM
On the somewhat opposite end of the spectrum, I'd buy 2409 skins for some of the older ships. Prometheus, Star Cruiser, Advanced and normal Heavy Cruisers, etc.
Captain
# 3
03-11-2014, 08:52 PM
I very much agree.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg
Captain
# 4
03-11-2014, 11:15 PM
When I look at how much we beg to have them fix existing problems with no response and no sign of change, then I look at threads like this, I have to shake my head, these are the same people we are talking about.
I too would love these kinds of customization options, take the Odyssey for instance, I would love it if I could make a Nebula esk variant of the Odyssey science ship with below saucer engines and a science pod above, or a three nacelle Odyssey Tactical Dreadnaught.
For that to be implemented here what would be required would be to take 3D artists away from working on the next piece of flotsam to put in a lock box, something that has been a guaranteed generator of revenue for Cryptic and put them to work on something that may or may not make Cryptic money. There is no box of parts that they can just bodge together to make a ship and could easily release to customers, the customization ability would have to be designed.
Call me a cynic but I doubt Cryptic would go for the gamble rather than what they are currently doing.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........