Lt. Commander
Very confusing... !!!

-Now it is a Gold edition...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/..._ya_oh_product

-They are not selling it anymore or referencing it.

Any idea what is happening with that particular retailer ?? (amazon.co.uk)

-Dispatch is 4th Feb ! (
-Launch is 2sd !

------
Supposed to be a Borg Officer PreOrder and all.
-----

Someone enlighten me (us)

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 08:10 PM
I had bought from there got the last copy for 24.99 for the borg boff but after seeing how much a fail mess STO was and the fact amazon screwed up the release of open beta headstart or pre order keys so would of missed open beta and headstart. The retail key would not even get to me until the 7th or 8th .....according to amazon delvery information. To me this is false advertsing at the time they said pre order access to open beta and headstart but refused to send out the pre order key.

So I cancelled my order with amazon. After that its been the same two copies on the page for past week at silly price of 60 pounds...they took off advertising it as pre order borg boff and that it gives access to headstart because they know its false advertising and british trading standards will have there balls for breakfast.

Do yaself a favour dont order from amazon, you will be lucky to get the key or your order before mid feb.. I don't think you can even get the borg boff anymore.

I would not worry so far cryptics business methods lean towards making money over quality or customer service so the borg boff and most of the other bonuses will probably be available eventually because they know people will buy it along with some of the other pre order bonuses.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 11:18 PM
I'm confused as well.

An answer from Cryptic would be highly appreciated.
Should I cancel my order with Amazon.UK and go to another seller?

In case I do that - would the retail code of - for example - D2D work with the Preorder key I got from Amazon.Uk - or are they keys somwhow connected?

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 11:45 PM
I ordered from Amazon in the US, but noticed that they took the Borg BO completely off the advertisement. I wonder what happened there?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 12:16 AM
I think that the Borg BO was available 'for a limited time' - those of us who ordered the game while this was available should get it when the real launch starts (according to the Pre-Order page on the STO site.) Now the offer must be 'sold out' so there won't be any more if you buy 'em now. (And yeah, digital items being sold out; but that's why they offered it - to get you to buy ASAP! Promo idea!)

Amazon page: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.h...cId=1000299573 - the pre order item is still there, scroll down to the bottom of all the other offers; you'll receive the Borg Officer code the day before Official Launch - and that'll mean Launch in *your* region - in Europe it's later than the states.)
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Glad I preordered it a month ago when they still had it up then.
Lt. Commander
# 7 amazon.co.uk
02-01-2010, 01:07 AM
I have just sent an email to amazon.co.uk to see what they have to about the situation so hopefully they will come back soon
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reech
I think that the Borg BO was available 'for a limited time' - those of us who ordered the game while this was available should get it when the real launch starts (according to the Pre-Order page on the STO site.) Now the offer must be 'sold out' so there won't be any more if you buy 'em now. (And yeah, digital items being sold out; but that's why they offered it - to get you to buy ASAP! Promo idea!)

Amazon page: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.h...cId=1000299573 - the pre order item is still there, scroll down to the bottom of all the other offers; you'll receive the Borg Officer code the day before Official Launch - and that'll mean Launch in *your* region - in Europe it's later than the states.)
It also says : "expired"
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 01:42 AM
Has it sold out?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 02:00 AM