Lt. Commander
# 51
02-01-2010, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabidfish View Post
I dont know how "fake" it is. He was born in Russia to Russian parents, so i'm guessing he's heard the accent all his life even though he grew up in the US. I think he's a fine actor though, very impressed with his performance in Criminal Minds.
he also plays Kyle Reece in Terminator Salvation.... with his normal American Accent. ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-01-2010, 08:04 AM
Main Characters:

TOS: Kirk. Bill Shatner was actually really, really buff for back in the day. And I trust my grandma when she tells me he was the hottest man she'd ever met.

TNG: Oddly, no one from the main cast ever struck me as terribly attractive. They all have galring flaws that I'm certain I would find unattractive in a partner were I a woman or predisposed towards men.
Picard :dislikes kids, puts career before family
Riker: Dumped Troi for career
Data: emotionally unavailable (for most of the shows/movies)
Geordi: romantically akward
Worf: I'm not into S&M
Wesley: I'm not a pedo

DS9: Bashir, he's just hot

Voyager: Chakotay. Reminds me of my dad, which as I understand it is a large factor in attractiveness amongst women who had good relationships with their fathers.

Reboot: McCoy. Its Karl Urban for god's sake. Actually, from top to bottom you really can't go wrong here. Even Spock was sensual and traditionally sexy (as opposed to Nimoy who was more an "Exotic" attractive).

Guest stars/bit characters:
Khan: That was Ricardo Mantalban's real chest in Wrath of Khan. I hop I'm in that good of shape at that age.
Rivas
Don't know about "hot" but Garak is Garak. And there was always something about Dukat that implied an underlying sensuality. I know cardassian women were hot, so I'll assume the men were equally intruguing.

Forgot: Enterprise. Another show full of eye candy. Only main character I'd discount would be Archer. Yep even Dr Phlox is more attractive than Cpt. "I wear a constant grimace that makes it look like I'm constipated" Archer.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-01-2010, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz8203 View Post
he also plays Kyle Reece in Terminator Salvation.... with his normal American Accent. ;-)
And his Kyle Reece was awesome. I didn't think it was going to work when I heard he was cast in that part.
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-01-2010, 08:07 AM
there was a vulcan on voyager who worked in engineering, he was hot though i have no idea of his name?
anyone?
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-01-2010, 08:12 AM
Quote:
there was a vulcan on voyager who worked in engineering, he was hot though i have no idea of his name?
anyone?
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=voy...neering+vulcan says Vorik

I'd have a bro-mance with Bashir, but it wouldn't be reciprocated likely (he loves O'brien more ) - he likes playing darts - nuff said
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-01-2010, 08:16 AM
Quote:
anyone?
Really? The one who tried to pon'farr **** Tores? Vorik That sort of thing usually turns folks off. Though I suppose the concept of someone just no being able to control their attraction to you could be an interesting proposition.
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-01-2010, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canazza View Post
HAHA, the picture on that Wiki does not do him justice.
Made me laugh though!
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-01-2010, 08:20 AM
Quote:
I meant that it might have been a realistic accent. I dont know. I usually read "fake" as meaning "bad".
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-01-2010, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshay View Post
Picard :dislikes kids, puts career before family
He grew out of it. (Only halfway through the series, too!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshay View Post
Riker: Dumped Troi for career
So did he. (But by the third TNG movie, 'Insurrection'.)

I notice just about everyone who has posted has gravitated toward one or two of a list of particular traits:
-swagger (e.g., Okona)
-charming (e.g., Bashir)
-thoughtful (e.g., Picard)
-powerful (e.g., Sisko)

It's interesting that no one said Miles O'Brien yet. If I were to have a Scrubs-esque 'bromance' with anyone, it would probably be the Chief. He just seems like the perfect, most understanding, most loyal best friend forever.

Of course, I would probably have to kill Bashir for that spot.
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverisms View Post
And his Kyle Reece was awesome. I didn't think it was going to work when I heard he was cast in that part.
Agreed, was a little concerned with that but he's shaping up to be a great actor. Definately one to watch.