Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
This is why I'm going through PVE with my fed right now, until they fix Klingons T2+, and will be mailing all of the best gear for pvp at every tier to him. My PVE guy may be gimped a bit, but you don't need the best gear to crush the PVE stuff.
Ya, I've been spending most of my time on my Fed, gear you get is almost always bind on equip, so just send it over to your kling.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
9 out of 10 Fed teams are utter noobs.

1 out of 10 actually have a balanced team, heal each other, work together and will destroy you. Fed science ships have a built in ability to target subsystems which Klingons simply don't have access to.

T1 I do think Cryptic might have overdone it, basically giving our ships the best gear available from vendors. There's really nothing to even upgrade unless you want to switch to a different weapon type.

T2 is another story. We enter T2 with gear so crappy that some of the T1 gear is actually better and should be stripped off of your old ship. And then you need to PvP for like 4 levels to have enough medals to get some good upgrades going (maybe more than 4 levels if you do ground gear first).

I've seen Klingons own in T2, too, but we definitely are behind the curve on equipment and access to proper ship types. When you get some Feds who know what they're doing, it's painful.
Right on the money here. T2 as a Klingon is a painful dull grind to get medals and losing 8 of 10 battles to Fed cruisers is a *****. Can you actually mail stuff from your Fed toon to your Klingon??
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
This is why I'm going through PVE with my fed right now, until they fix Klingons T2+, and will be mailing all of the best gear for pvp at every tier to him. My PVE guy may be gimped a bit, but you don't need the best gear to crush the PVE stuff.
Copycat..............
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 11:46 PM
I say... Give faction chat and revaluate... Not being able to use tactics is killing it for both sides.

Also fix the damn chat .... So easy as group leader to get 1212123 in your call outs: chat has a mind of it's own!

Oh, and while your fixing things.... Maybe fix capture and hold so there is a reason to capture. As it stands, both sides WIN every time... Regardless of who actually thinks they won.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 12:21 AM
Just give us T2 cruisers and all is fine. So its quite balanced.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 12:26 AM
If you feel pvp is imbalanced, dont play deathmatches, play capture and hold scenarios and you will see its pretty balanced. Deathmatches are tedious, boring and predictable.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 12:45 AM
Well Feds have some missions where they get Blues as rewards, also the problem atm is that Fed loot tables are broken(working as intended O.o ) so they get blue drops from some missions (and they are repeatable missions).

so blue gear vs mk2/badge

---

I am just hoping that the last tier dont have the same problem,

Feds doing missions and looting "epic" gear level and we(Klingon) buying only blues from vendors.

how about it Devs , you wanna break some code and enable "epics" for feds soon ?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellatormonk View Post
Right on the money here. T2 as a Klingon is a painful dull grind to get medals and losing 8 of 10 battles to Fed cruisers is a *****. Can you actually mail stuff from your Fed toon to your Klingon??
yes

do not put the 1st name in it only , @handle
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post
yes

do not put the 1st name in it only , @handle
Actually you can mail it to any character on your account by name and all characters can access that mail. I usually just type in enough of my character's name to get the drop-down selection box to appear then click it. Works every time.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
Seriously, learn to play.
I'm sorry, but you have no right to tell me that. Especially when you don't know me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
If you feel pvp is imbalanced, dont play deathmatches, play capture and hold scenarios and you will see its pretty balanced. Deathmatches are tedious, boring and predictable.
I'm sorry, but I paid for this game (several times over), and I'm going to give my input on matters I feel needs to be investigated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojokujo
I say... Give faction chat and revaluate... Not being able to use tactics is killing it for both sides.
I agree, there does need to be PvP Team chat, not people grouping out of necessity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fou_Lou
Just give us T2 cruisers and all is fine. So its quite balanced.
Didn't Cryptic just say that they were adding Klingon Cruisers to T2?

Cryptic obviously isn't testing PvP like they should be. Klingon BoP and Raptor's Front Canon arcs quickly overwhelm Federation shields, even 1 on 1. BoP's manuverablity is far better than Cruisers (no, I'm not saying nerf BoP's, I'm saying give Fed Cruisers more capability to fight).

Then there is the angle issue, where people can exploit canon arcs by flying above or below.

And finally, there is that PvP que that starts matches 1 sided, without waiting until there is a equal number on both sides.

These need to be worked on, baddly.