Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-01-2010, 02:50 AM
All of this is based on levels 1-10. Once a player hits lt commander everything changes so I'll just stick to the early gameplay.

Ground combat is imbalanced.

The fed players, by level 6, have access to amazing gear. Personal shields with insane recharge rates, rare kits, and a variety of weapons are all available early on. Klingon players on the other hand seem gimped from the start. The only rare shield I've seen is for lt commanders and must be bought with lt commander pvp points. All the kits available are common.

This is really just a gear problem when it comes down to it. All the matches really depend on teamwork and balanced teams but the gear really gives an edge.

Space Combat is pretty balanced though. They fixed the major issues during OB and gave starting Klingon players mk 2 gear which really helps. It takes more klingon ships to take down a fed but their speed, turning rates, and the nifty cloak make up for it.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-01-2010, 02:53 AM
I have no problem with Tier 1 Klingons. I for one was one of the few people who vouched for Mk2 gear, when starting out. And I'm happy Cryptic actually listened to me on that.

But Tier 2 ships, they seem to be ahead of the curve. Their capabilities are far superior to that of average players.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-01-2010, 03:05 AM
Honestly, the imbalance is in the players not the game. T1 Cant really be used as a comparission atm as this weekend its been full of klingon OB players and a handful of newbs, of course we we're gonna win.

T2 is if anything in Feds favour, but there not using any of the advantages they have and just want to shoot at things.
OK thats a vast generalisation, Against a premade from OB feds are near impossible to crack and it boils down to killing the sci ship and bugging out and hoping you dont lose folk. Next couple of weeks as more feds learn what their strengths are, and a influx of new klingon players come over (either new players and people already maxing their fed) These forums will be full of them screaming feds are OP.

And then the same folk who have been trying to teach the feds to play will have to do it all over again with the klingons

What people dont seem to understand is that everytime you move up a tier in PvP the entire game changes.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-01-2010, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Seriously
T1 is not a tier that should be talked about as balance, its not balanced ever.

T2 Fed random Pug, when i decloack 1st, will ALPHA my shield with one beam volley.

Now the problem in it is that when the "fedball" totally takes one front of shielding per volley and even some hull all the time, i need to turn my ship 24/7, until every shield front is almost at 0 and at that point i am in big trouble and need to use my CDs to survive and its about 7-8 seconds into the fight. (if a phaser volley and torp pile hits me at same time i insta die even with 100% shields on that front).

Now it does not sound bad, but all my guns are in front and i do 0 dps when i tank. (when fed tanks he continues to dps)

So basically all matches in T2 is 4 Klingon dps vs 5 Fed dps (dps in mind)

Initial burst is the thing that Klingons have in adventage, but after that even if one fed dies, the dps is 4vs4 as the tanking Klingon needs to kite and turn etc. ( actually the 1st burst is from Fed side, if we are accurate).
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-01-2010, 03:20 AM
As long as both sides are whining the game is balanced. That has been always true in MMO's. Keep it as it is and it will be ok. And don't fix MES. It works fine without it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-01-2010, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
But Tier 2 ships, they seem to be ahead of the curve. Their capabilities are far superior to that of average players.
You do understand that Feds doing missions from lvl 4-10, get blue and green items for ship that will be on par with Commander class PVP items and or exploration items ?

When you exit your private lala land, pls post again.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-01-2010, 04:39 AM
People who claim klingons are more skilled are utterly wrong. People who claim "stick together" are utterly wrong and completely wrong. Federation sticks together - we've done it since beta when we were overpowered. What is the difference? klingon ships are hrardier, more powerful, and more manueverable. Three Fed ships can't take one klingon bird of pray in tier 1 (don't know about tier 2 yet) So a big group of klingons is guaranteed 150% to destroy an equal group of Federation.

Fact. Denying this is just that: denial.

edit: addendum: Klingons are still ridiculously overpowered in tier 2.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-01-2010, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstorm
People who claim klingons are more skilled are utterly wrong. People who claim "stick together" are utterly wrong and completely wrong. Federation sticks together - we've done it since beta when we were overpowered. What is the difference? klingon ships are hrardier, more powerful, and more manueverable. Three Fed ships can't take one klingon bird of pray in tier 1 (don't know about tier 2 yet) So a big group of klingons is guaranteed 150% to destroy an equal group of Federation.

Fact. Denying this is just that: denial.
teir 2 is an entire different game... As it stands for me... in teir 1 as klingon i've won over 95% of my pvp space combat games and in teir 2 as klingon i've lost about 90% of my pvp space combat games so far...on a teir to teir stand point it doesn't seem "balanced" to me at all...
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-01-2010, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandybeans View Post
teir 2 is an entire different game... As it stands for me... in teir 1 as klingon i've won over 95% of my pvp space combat games and in teir 2 as klingon i've lost about 90% of my pvp space combat games so far...on a teir to teir stand point it doesn't seem "balanced" to me at all...
Read this, its the reason for it.

-----------------------------------

Ground combat is totally an issue, i dont even want to talk about it.

But space combat atm seems pretty ok.

---

Now about the gearing, Feds get with missions => Blue gear, thus meaning when they level up from 1-10, they already have blue weapons, and blue shield (that are equal to T2 vendor items). When Feds have levelled 11-20, they have again blue gear that is equal to T3 items from vendors. This continues until the last tier of ships are reached and thus again Feds get blue gear on em.

Now i want to point one thing out.... Klingons dont get blue gear from drops/missions thus we have to PvP/Kahless to get our gear (after 20-21 we have 0 PvE missions).

Klingon side:

lvl ~8, you have T1 PvP vendor gear on your ship weapons/shield/tac console etc (PvP/Kahless)
lvl ~15, you have T2 PvP vendor gear on your ship weapons/shield/tac console etc (PvP/Kahless)
lvl ~25, you have T3 PvP vendor gear on your ship weapons/shield/tac console etc (PvP)
lvl ~35, you have T4 PvP vendor gear on your ship weapons/shield/tac console etc (PvP)

Fed side:

lvl ~6, you have equal gear like in T2 (missions)
lvl ~15, you have equal gear like in T3 (missions)
lvl ~25, you have equal gear like in T4 (missions)
lvl ~35, you have equal gear like in T5 (missions)

So they can pretty much a s s **** every Klingon if they premade the blue geared players from x5-> next level in PvP. this is only visible from T2 to later tiers, T1 is a joke anyway as people are nonguilded and learn to play at this bracket(t1).

And no this is not a joke. Its real and Devs have intended it as such.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-01-2010, 05:08 AM
this is more then true sir and its the reason, that I benched my Klingon and rolled a Fed toon...

not because I want to join the winning team, but because I feel that if I pay for the game I am entitled to the same amount of balance/love from the devs..atm Klingons only exist to fill the PvP qeues for the Feds and when the patch with FvF hits the Klingon race will perish I am afraid