Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
01-31-2010, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNR View Post
your not alone, i pre-ordered the collectors edition from EB games here in AUS 3 weeks before open beta, did not get a pre-order key, the day of open beta started i rang EB and asked where was my beta key, turns out EB games in Aus were not participating in the Beta (after posting here i was advised to contact cryptic support and they sent me a beta/pre order key)

i walked past EB games the day the head start started and decided to check when they would have my copy in so i could use my pre order items.. turns out they arent providing the game copies or pre order keys untill Feb 8th. 3 days after international launch, 5 after US launch and 8-9 after head start.... i questioned them and was told they dont have the copies in stock....

however i have a mate that works in there warehouse, he took a photo of the copies they have in stock and sent it to my phone as proof.... retail game shops are dodgy as plain and simple.
I've just come back from one of the EBGames shops here in Canberra. Paid upfront for the game, and when I asked about a pre-order code, they had NO IDEA what I was talking about.

Is there anything I can do to get into the game now as I'm downloading it at the moment, will patch it shortly thereafter, and really want to get into it asap!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
01-31-2010, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaroo
I've just come back from one of the EBGames shops here in Canberra. Paid upfront for the game, and when I asked about a pre-order code, they had NO IDEA what I was talking about.

Is there anything I can do to get into the game now as I'm downloading it at the moment, will patch it shortly thereafter, and really want to get into it asap!!!
yeh apparently EB games Aus and canada do not participate in STO pre-order key program.


i contacted Cryptics billing and support, logged a ticket with them and they arranged a pre-order key for me... im not saying its a guarantee but its worth a shot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
01-31-2010, 09:53 PM
Cheers DNR, will try that.

Wonder if I have missed out on gtting the lifetime offer...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
01-31-2010, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaroo
Cheers DNR, will try that.

Wonder if I have missed out on gtting the lifetime offer...
NPS

well its still being offered on the front page so you should still be good.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
01-31-2010, 10:07 PM
IF i can get a code. Email sent to billing, fingers crossed!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-01-2010, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNR View Post
yeh apparently EB games Aus and canada do not participate in STO pre-order key program.


i contacted Cryptics billing and support, logged a ticket with them and they arranged a pre-order key for me... im not saying its a guarantee but its worth a shot.
Well I tried that. I tried e-mailing support and opened a ticket on Saturday and I have been ignored. It's a little sad, but luckily I had Mass Effect to keep me happy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Ok so I ordered from Gamestop as well and didn't get a beta code. I called towards the end of beta and told them that I didn't get a code (I didn't really want to play beta its normally buggy and you lose your work anyhow) I called their customer service and spoke with a girl named Mallory, she was very nice and she had my beta key sent to me via e-mail quickly and then refunded my shipping cost. Now I can't guarantee that it will work for everyone but I was very nice to her and didn't say they lost a customer or get upset.

If you tell them they lost a customer they might not try to help you, its only worth doing a customer service recovery if you have the chance to retain the customer.

Hope it helps
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:00 PM.