Lt. Commander
I mean I appreciate the system. It means that I KNOW I will sometime get access. So far I have been pleasantly surprised at how fast I get in with it. (Especially since the last downtime!) So I, speaking only for myself, would like to thank the team for getting this feature in the game and having it working before launch. (When things will likely get really interesting...or catch on fire...which is REALLY REALLY interesting!)

People cry now, but they are having a knee jerk reaction I fear. Once the realization sinks in that this system actually means they won't have to sit there pounding the "entry" button over and over again people might like it...or at the least move on the hating something else. I mean at least like this we know we will eventually get in there. The previous version of logging in really was an exercise in building frustration. NOW we have building anticipation. lol
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 08:18 PM
It has it's good points and it's bad points but, for those who were trying once and giving up when they got the server full message, I can imagine the queue thing would be a huge improvement.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 08:19 PM
Not to sound optimistic but..
I don't hear the cries in the que thread anymore. Is there still a problem?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 08:23 PM
i like the system, but seeing how there server is full Now means they will have to open more servers... its not even out in stores to buy yet and its full.... when people go buy the game and get on and see a que of like 400-1000 there going to get ****ed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 08:24 PM
The frustrated masses might have found something new to hate, Dave ^__^. Still. I really like it.

As for "trying once and giving up when the is full" I wouldn't know. I tried for hours and hours over and over in closed and open beta so this new queue is like silver rain.

They have like what, 4, gameplay servers now? They better order double that come launch. lol
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 08:24 PM
A lot of people seemed to call for the queue system, it got implemented. Then a lot of people seemed to hate the queue system, what went wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 08:25 PM
Gotta keep in mind they were running on reduced capacity earlier today. 3 of the foru servers were down so I'm not surprised folks were complaining. Now that they are back up you'll notice forum traffic (and forum complaints) has dropped dramatically.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bapaveza View Post
Gotta keep in mind they were running on reduced capacity earlier today. 3 of the foru servers were down so I'm not surprised folks were complaining. Now that they are back up you'll notice forum traffic (and forum complaints) has dropped dramatically.
So what you're saying is that complaints are directly proportional to when people don't get their way now?
This sounds exactly like a baby. When a baby is happy, it does not cry. When a baby wants/needs something, it cries.