Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraculus View Post
Go ahead and have four regular crew that will be your primary and will carry most of your space skills. As you level up, you'll get more options to add more Boffs. You can make these your uncommon and rare Boffs and then cycle them out as you need them. The bonuses are all ground based anyway, at least that I've seen anyway.
Aha! That's the bit of info I was missing! If all the Boff bonuses are ground based then I agree with your opinion. Train up a space crew and rotate out ground members as upgrades appear. Thanks for the FYI.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Am I wrong in thinking that you can, eventually, max out all your BoFFs? If so, why not just get as many 'rare' ones as possible and train them up for space and ground?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraculus View Post
Go ahead and have four regular crew that will be your primary and will carry most of your space skills. As you level up, you'll get more options to add more Boffs. You can make these your uncommon and rare Boffs and then cycle them out as you need them. The bonuses are all ground based anyway, at least that I've seen anyway.
Crap, I need space bonuses, not ground :-/
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 02:18 PM
It should already be able to recover the BO !
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 02:23 PM
From what I've seen the difference between a Common (White), Uncommon (Green), and a Rare (Blue) is very small. Essentially each BO will have 4 different racial abilities. The difference between the rarities only affects one of these racials. Check out the exchange and see, I was looking earlier but I didn't take the time to write it all down. I believe Commons will have two "Basic" abilities, Uncommons will have one "Basic" and one "Improved" (I think), and Rares will have one "Basic" and one "Superior".

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's the way I recall it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by auorim View Post
From what I've seen the difference between a Common (White), Uncommon (Green), and a Rare (Blue) is very small. Essentially each BO will have 4 different racial abilities. The difference between the rarities only affects one of these racials. Check out the exchange and see, I was looking earlier but I didn't take the time to write it all down. I believe Commons will have two "Basic" abilities, Uncommons will have one "Basic" and one "Improved" (I think), and Rares will have one "Basic" and one "Superior".

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's the way I recall it.
I'd love to hear some clarification on this. I purposely didn't spend a lot of time in beta so the game would still seem fresh and new at launch. So a more experienced perspective would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Lightbringer
I know this doesn't matter in any real sense but I'm wondering: if I were to acquire a blue Boff and have that Boff teach one of my well-trained, starting Boffs would my white Boff change color to match the blue skill that was taught?

It doesn't change the color of your current BOs. What makes the Blue BOs you find special is the fact they usually come with later tier skills at an earlier tier. For instance HYII as a Tier 1 ability, or Rapid Fire I as a Tier 1 ability. Stuff like that. They might also come with Lv 3 skills, which are hard to come by. I imagine at some point in the game you may even find a BO that has a Lv 3 Skill as a 3rd Tier ability, rather than a 4th.

They basically add more flexibility in getting the badass high level abilities you want at an earlier time, or in some cases, allowing you to get that pro 3rd Tier ability on a BO you have that can't go higher than Lt, therefore it goes in your 2nd Tier slot, which is the highest you can have on that particular ship/BO.

Kinda confusing, but you'll see what I mean firsthand once you get between T2 and T3, and beyond that.