Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 We all understand...
01-31-2010, 08:49 PM
...that this game is new and there are going to be bugs. I have played WOW for years and with every new patch or new expansion there are bugs. For this game to be having the same issues for 3 days now is just unimaginable. People still can't get passed he login screen or zones won't load, graphics won't render, etc. This game is not so high end that our computers can't handle it. I have played WOW and **** without difficulty so I don't understand how STO could be so much more advanced.

People preordered this game so they could play the beta and participate in the headstart program. There are some who would keep saying "It's a new game, be patient" but in all honesty it is a product and we are consumers. If the product wasn't ready for the shelves then it shouldn't have been put on them. I am looking forward to playing, but if this is what we will have to deal with for weeks to come then how is it fun?

At the very least there should be updates on the launcher. If Blizzard is good about one thing it's letting their customers know what is going on with the game. What is the point of having the servers up if the zones won't load and people can't play?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-31-2010, 11:05 PM
I agree with you.. until midday today, i could connect and somewhat play (got disconnected every time i warped to sector, or entered a system, or beamed to or out of a planet.) After todays server downtime, no luck, stuck at "connecting to login server" screen and being unable to get into the game; and since tomorrow is the "official" opening of the game, i wonder how it will be dealt with the amount of players that did not bother with pre-order beta access and headstart that will pour in if there are such login, and other, problems.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-31-2010, 11:53 PM
Well said.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-31-2010, 11:59 PM
I started reading, and quit when I saw the word WOW.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-01-2010, 12:04 AM
Agreed.

We all know that the game is new, and hasn't even officially launched yet. However, from the way things have been going, head-start hasn't been a very nice reward for those who pre-ordered.

Cryptic is also re-using an engine they've used in their other MMOs. Though it has indeed been heavily tweaked, one would expect that with all their experience this release would have been more stable than it is.

Bugs are to be expected.

A nearly broken game and missing content is not.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-01-2010, 12:08 AM
I have to admit I wish I didnt bother with open beta and headstart, just feels like Ive just waisted so much of my time staring at a screen and not getting anywhere.

I am not going to bother trying to log on tomorrow, or for the next week for that matter.

With the view that its just going to be dissapointing with the inflood of new players, and the servers probably wont handle that.

So I might pop my head in to see how its going, I seriously hope if I do , it wont be dissapointing because I have lost faith in cryptic being able to handle this and any more dissapointment im afraid will result in the removal of this game, and a refund request will be made.

The frustrating thing is its really fun to play (when you do get on) but like all of us we have busy lives and a limited amount of playtime, most of which is taken up in "SERVER NOT RESPONDING" or waiting in a queue that doesnt progress, or unexpected server maintainance.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-01-2010, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornfeuer
Agreed.

Cryptic is also re-using an engine they've used in their other MMOs.
I think they also use same server computers with champions online, that is why we can't log in.

The CO worked just fine when STO was offline between beta and headstart.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-01-2010, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsquaredncnp
...that this game is new and there are going to be bugs. I have played WOW for years and with every new patch or new expansion there are bugs. For this game to be having the same issues for 3 days now is just unimaginable. People still can't get passed he login screen or zones won't load, graphics won't render, etc. This game is not so high end that our computers can't handle it. I have played WOW and **** without difficulty so I don't understand how STO could be so much more advanced.

People preordered this game so they could play the beta and participate in the headstart program. There are some who would keep saying "It's a new game, be patient" but in all honesty it is a product and we are consumers. If the product wasn't ready for the shelves then it shouldn't have been put on them. I am looking forward to playing, but if this is what we will have to deal with for weeks to come then how is it fun?

At the very least there should be updates on the launcher. If Blizzard is good about one thing it's letting their customers know what is going on with the game. What is the point of having the servers up if the zones won't load and people can't play?
If you honestly think this situation is that bad - you obviously DIDN'T play WoW during the last phase of it's open beta and actual launch. What happened with the WoW servers at launch for the first two months after makes the downtime for this game trivial in comparison.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-01-2010, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalmonar View Post
I have to admit I wish I didnt bother with open beta and headstart, just feels like Ive just waisted so much of my time staring at a screen and not getting anywhere.

I am not going to bother trying to log on tomorrow, or for the next week for that matter.

With the view that its just going to be dissapointing with the inflood of new players, and the servers probably wont handle that.

So I might pop my head in to see how its going, I seriously hope if I do , it wont be dissapointing because I have lost faith in cryptic being able to handle this and any more dissapointment im afraid will result in the removal of this game, and a refund request will be made.

The frustrating thing is its really fun to play (when you do get on) but like all of us we have busy lives and a limited amount of playtime, most of which is taken up in "SERVER NOT RESPONDING" or waiting in a queue that doesnt progress, or unexpected server maintainance.
EXACTLY my experience, this is also what im doing, its so rubbish atm im not even going to log in till the 2nd or 3rd, then if its still rubbish im going back to eve..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-01-2010, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
If you honestly think this situation is that bad - you obviously DIDN'T play WoW during the last phase of it's open beta and actual launch. What happened with the WoW servers at launch for the first two months after makes the downtime for this game trivial in comparison.
I actually played its open beta a little bit later, when it was less glitchy. The launch problems were server based. I happened to be on a stable server so I didn't really have any issues.

Look, this post is not a flame. I completely understand having server problems and game glitches. The point is and will continue to be, that we paid money to be involved in the headstart program. As someone said before, with all these glitches, headstart was not much of a reward for preordering. Headstart is not a beta version, it should be a somewhat playable game by now. If these problems weren't fixed by server downtime and patches over the weekend, then how would they expect 2/2 to go off without a hitch when the population increases greatly?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:32 PM.