Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystyrys View Post
Expensive? I changed the color configuration on the pants of my character and 4 BOffs. It was 60 credits each. That's not expensive.

What changes are you making that are expensive? Is it a total modification of their uniforms, a body makeover, color changes, one change to one thing, multiple changes on each section?
Read what I said, the interface said it would cost 520 credits to change pants and a shirt (no color scheme change). That's it. However, when I clicked accept, it told me I didn't have the 6,240 credits necessary to make the purchase. I can confirm, after playing for a bit, that it does in fact say "520 credits" but does in fact charge you 6000+ when you make the change.

520 for shirt and pants is fine. Though someone needs to explain to me why it costs more to change my clothes than it does to buy MK II personal shields and a MK II rifle, or half as much as MK II photon torpedoes.

6000+ credits for a shirt/pants change is NOT fine.

The same bug exists for ship customization. I made a change to my ship colors, one pallete that's it, not even both. Said it would cost 500 some odd credits. When I clicked accept, it took nearly 4000 credits from my bank account.

That's a bug. Either the on screen price is wrong, or there's a bug in what it's tkaing out of your account. My assumption would be that it's charging you for changing everything even if you only change a few things.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestas
The same bug exists for ship customization. I made a change to my ship colors, one pallete that's it, not even both. Said it would cost 500 some odd credits. When I clicked accept, it took nearly 4000 credits from my bank account.
I can confirm that this is indeed the case. I had to change my ship's saucer due to a registry display bug, and it claimed that the total changes would be around 1.7k, not too bad I thought, how wrong I was. Out of 12k, I should have had 10.3k remaining after the charge, when I checked I only had 5.5k left. Clearly there is something wrong with the customisation charges.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 04:56 AM
I did read what you said. Did you read what I asked? Your information was vague. I inquired for more specifics, such as what did you change? The color, the entire outfit....

It must be bugged. I've never had that problem and I have altered my uniform and changed the appearance and uniforms on my BOffs, frequently. It's never cost me thousands of credits. Not for changing my ship either.

It's not my fault you're having issues and when you choose to be rude and belligerent to people who try to help you... don't expect much help.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 04:57 AM
Paying in game currency for cosmetic changes to your character is something that isn't available in many other games. And some even charge real money. Blizzard lets you change hairstyles in fake money but anything else costs real money.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 05:16 AM
why bother changing your uniforms... as soon and you put amour on you cant see your uniform anymore anyway...
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dushku
why bother changing your uniforms... as soon and you put amour on you cant see your uniform anymore anyway...
You do realize armor can be hidden by right-clicking it in your player status?
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dushku
Not if you have the "hide armor option" turned on. Then you'd see your uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 18 Costumes
02-01-2010, 05:24 AM
STO also needs real clothes that you can change in whatever place you think you need a change. Besides having slots for weapons, kit, armor etc there needs to be slots for clothes like pant, shirt, jacket etc.. I do wwant to carry some clothes with me so i can change every now and then..
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 05:24 AM
I have noticed some lag in price updates while changing the physical appearance of one of my characters.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torlak
Paying in game currency for cosmetic changes to your character is something that isn't available in many other games. And some even charge real money. Blizzard lets you change hairstyles in fake money but anything else costs real money.
Blizz letsa you change hair5styles, accessories etc and they also let you change ALL THE CLOTHES you are wearing for no charge. Only thing that costs real money would be sex change, character recustomization and race change..