Lt. Commander
# 21
02-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastafari_Ken View Post
Because he has been a member of this community for 18 months. It's quite an investment on his part. Give him some respect and let him say goodbye. He's earned it.
an investment to post on a free message forum and play a game for free? holy **** the hyperbole in this thread is thick. the guy may be a really great guy but let's stop sugar coating what is essentially a ragequit/suicide note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultracane
hey fanboy...read the other posts in the thread. stop being a zealot and open your eyes to other possibilities than something you think is right.
my argument to you was that there was nothing constructive about THIS post of his, and the only quote you come back with was from someone else..... ok.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-01-2010, 11:35 AM
I didn't know you, but you seem like a reasonable person. Sorry your "Trekker" dreams didn't come true in this game. I know this must hurt you deeply that something you care about so passionately didn't live up your exceedingly high expectations.

If you decide to come back, I'm sure that Cryptic will be glad to accept your monthly payment. So until we see you again, take care of yourself and give your little Trekker heart a great big hug for me! Good luck!
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swag-nyc View Post
why do people bother publishing their good bye messages on the forums?

seems like its just a mellow version of the ragequit posts and lawyer posts, and BOF posts...

seriously, pm your friends and quit trying to call a soapbox what it isnt
I agree. PM those who care to read your "farewell" post.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loekii View Post
... he has been a vocal face over the entire development of STO...
So he's who we blame?
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-01-2010, 11:38 AM
I'm not really sure why I shelled out for a Lifetime sub myself, other than perhaps because I was curious about what a lifetime sub would be like. Is there really "enough here that I'm interested in?" Probably not... but is there really enough anywhere that I'm interested in?

We make our own misery, you know? So you've decided STO is one place where you'll lodge a discontent flag. Is that an achievement?

In any case, I suppose the only critique I could level against the OP is that goodbye threads are probably not at all necessary. Perhaps they're selfish in a way - you're getting closure, sure, but at what cost?
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBorgh
an investment to post on a free message forum and play a game for free? holy **** the hyperbole in this thread is thick. the guy may be a really great guy but let's stop sugar coating what is essentially a ragequit/suicide note.

my argument to you was that there was nothing constructive about THIS post of his, and the only quote you come back with was from someone else..... ok.
describing his contribution to the community. from someone else OTHER than himself. grow up . stop being a tool.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Sorry to see you go, although I don't have a clue who you are, according to others it sounds like you gave a lot of great input.

But I have to say, it seems like you are giving up a little early? We are not even at retail launch yet and you are done. Seems a little premature to me, but that's just my humble opinion.

WoW reached the status of having literally 100 times the number of subscribers of any other MMORPG in history, and it's launch was rocky. OG raid content was crap. Molten core anyone? I spent hours of my life in there, hours I can never get back.

All I'm saying is maybe you need to give STO a little more time, or check back in 6 months...

Take Care
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultracane
describing his contribution to the community. from someone else OTHER than himself. grow up . stop being a tool.
where did I attempt to describe his contributions?
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morar View Post
He has every right in the world to voice his unhappiness. Over the last years, he invested a lot of time into this community, and though we didn't always agree, his posts were often great input.
Unlike yourself and other last minute fanbois, he actually made a contribution here and helped forming what was a rather good community for a good while.

All that's left of it now, is disillusioned ex-fanbois who could not see this debacle coming and, perhaps worse, berserker fanbois (you are a prime example there) who are blatantly disregarding every negative aspect and start making not-so-intelligent posts in a rage when someone voices discontent.

The up-side of all this is: While STO may be a catastrophic failure in terms of design and gameplay, the forums make for an absolutely hilarious read.
well said.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-01-2010, 11:43 AM
good bye maybe you can find another game you can sit and wait for, for 2 years again and then quit it too but enjoy what ever game you do find and play.
Closed Thread