Lt. Commander
# 41
02-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBorgh
you REEALLLY need to look up the definition of the word constructive. While their wasn't anything directly incendiary in his post, there wasn't a single constructive thing in it either. Hey, maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't see one thing in there other then him getting in the last word on how he doesn't like it, and maybe other games will come out that suits his style.... pretty backhanded for a good natured post, wouldn't you say?

edit - and while I can respect his "status" in the community, the bottom line was that for a simple goodbye he made sure to put in a few times that he was very unhappy with the game. Not seeing as that was really necessary if his intent was to just say goodbye.
THAAAAANNNNNK you for using all caps and extra letters for the word "really" so we could gauge your emphasis and dickishness from the written word alone. Hey, maybe I'm wrong, but maybe you're a douche, wouldn't you say?
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomarxus View Post
THAAAAANNNNNK you for using all caps and extra letters for the word "really" so we could gauge your emphasis and dickishness from the written word alone. Hey, maybe I'm wrong, but maybe you're a douche, wouldn't you say?
lol im not going to lie...i laughed. excellent post.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Ah... The mellow attention gathering rage quit.

If you want to say goodbye, do it.

Goodbye, don't like the game.

One line. It doesn't take a wall of text to say so long.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-01-2010, 12:11 PM
This is why I love the internet so much.. before you can silence one idiot, the next is certain to follow in his foot-steps without having read the thread.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morar View Post
This is why I love the internet so much.. before you can silence one idiot, the next is certain to follow in his foot-steps without having read the thread.
wonderful isnt it?
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morar View Post
So, let me get this straight: You admit he does have the right to say good-bye to the community. You're also claiming it has no bearing on you.
And yet, for some reason, you have posted ten times in this thread and somehow manage to claim Flatfinger is the attention-*****?

Really? I mean.. really?

Since you are posting here, I guess you do read the forums, too? All the disappointed people posting here, which are incidentally partly responsible for you being so raged, have some valid concerns. Now, if you care to check my post history, I predicted this failure months ago..
So no, I am not unbiased. But, and that's the funny part, since I have not invested any money in this and no intentions of playing the game, the whole issue does not concern me other than that I can say: "Told you so." That makes me a lot less biased than, for example, you.
there isn't such a thing as more or less biased. You either are or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultracane
apparently you missed this post of yours where you called him an attention ...... well we all know what you said....

so his time wasnt an investment? who are you to determine what someone has invested in this game and the community. oh i know, a blind fanboy troll. like i said, stop digging yourself in a hole..the more you do so, the less your terrible opinions will be taken with any weight by others.
I later clarified it to simply wanting to get the last word, though attention ***** is a much more blunt way of putting that. as for me determining what someone has invested.... if he was asked to stay up late for testing or was forced to neglect his family to play the beta, I willingly stand corrected. If he was a gamer and forum poster doing the exact same thing every other gamer and forum poster do on a daily basis, I fail to see the pedestal some of you are putting him on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomarxus View Post
yawn... so someone calls out a suicide post from a "respected" member and uses literary emphasis in his response and he is a douche. meh, I can live with that. get over yourselves.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Goodbye Flatfingers, you will be missed around here.

I'm closing this thread down now. There's no reason for you guys to jump all over somebody for posting a nice goodbye. FF has been on these boards for a good long time and has offered lots of helpful criticism and ideas.

Whenever anyone decides to leave these boards you should all be sad. The more people that play the game the better we can make it in the long run. Encouraging people to leave, and being rude to them on their way out only serves to make new people more wary of joining this community for fear of being treated the same way.

You all should be ashamed.

Stormshade
Closed Thread