Lt. Commander
# 1 Server queues.
02-01-2010, 04:36 AM
Last night, right after the "unexpected downtime" i tried to get into the game again. Only to be number 472 in line. Which counted down very very slowly. I understand that there are many people wanting to log into the game after a server shutdown, but the game hasnt even been fully released yet! This is just the headstart weekend.

THe servers shouldnt be full already. After waiting 3 minutes 400 more had joined behind me in queue. THis is insane!

Now, i live in europe, and i suspect the main reason for the massive line is simply because the US players have woken up and wanted to play as well. Strangely, these last two days of server shut downs have been around the time the US "wakes up". Is the load from there so great that the servers crash everytime the americans want in?

If this is the case, then i hope there will be separate US and EU servers in the future. Or at very least more servers overall to share the load.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 04:45 AM
I know, it was terrible, I was number 43... 43!!! that's 1 away from 42!!! That's TERRIBLE!

Joking, Joking, Joking...

But yes, the que is a bit insane. The interesting thing I saw was that even at #43, They qued up players before they let the server accept them. (In other words instead of starting the server, getting it ready, then letting people in... They started the server, qued the people and when it was ready, let them in...)

Did anyone else notice that? Or am I hallucinating from not playing STO enough?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 04:53 AM
From what I could find out only one of the four shards was up, that was why the server(sic) was full.