Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 11:52 PM
Like the OP, I too am enjoying the game and looking forward to years of playing this game as it grows and expands.

The problems they had this weekend are growing pains and I am confident they will be worked out. I have confidence in Cryptic, I have played CoH for years, and Champions Online since it launched. CO has developed into a very smooth enjoyable game. I fully expect STO to take a similar path.

What we all need is a little patiance (and in the case of some posters a whole lot of maturity...) and the kinks will be worked out.

Like the OP I bought the lifetime subscription, the deluxe digital edition and the collectors box set... I am in for the long haul...
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 12:36 AM
I'm very happy also, and I think this is one of the best computer games I've ever played since X-Wing.

regarding the connection problems. People should think that this is a business. Cryptic will work hard to find sollutions to the problems the game faces, between other reasons, because they want to make money monthly out of it for years to come.

I fully understand problems like the ones we are facing. This isn't a normal videogame. It is a massive multiplayer game, which's stability depends on thousands of people playing at once with very different systems and internet connections. It is impossible to see ahead every problem thay may happen. No MMO is problem-free even years after release.

The game is High Quality fun and an absolute Star Trek experience.

Go on Cryptic!

Forever!
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koriel View Post
Wish I was having as much fun as you. Due to a bug, I have no bridge officers.
This made me lol that sucks haha.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 12:42 AM
I think this game is REALLY great !

Theres not TOO much I could ask for except:

1. Exchange (aka auction house) sortable by PRICE

2. thats pretty much it !

hahah

NICE !
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 12:48 AM
Again. Its STAR TREK my nine year old daughter could have told you the response would be HUGE. The pre-order sales also should have been an indication, not to mention the free beta. There is no rational excuse for a company in the MMO business having server sizing issues or bandwidth issues. Isolated Connection problems can occur because of ISP problems, but this weekend is inexcusable to someone who has paid almost $300 for a game and lifetime sunscription.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilisch

A VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER!
What the Dirvish. you can't be happy, this game is horrible, I don't like it so there for you can like it.

jking glad to see someone else happy.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Spanner
Again. Its STAR TREK my nine year old daughter could have told you the response would be HUGE. The pre-order sales also should have been an indication, not to mention the free beta. There is no rational excuse for a company in the MMO business having server sizing issues or bandwidth issues. Isolated Connection problems can occur because of ISP problems, but this weekend is inexcusable to someone who has paid almost $300 for a game and lifetime sunscription.
yes because the ToS say the servers must be up all the time.
wait no they don't

VII. Limitation of Liability

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE CRYPTIC STUDIOS PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY ACT OR FAILURE TO ACT BY THEM OR ANY OTHER PERSON REGARDING CONDUCT, COMMUNICATION OR CONTENT ON THE SERVICES OR USE OF THE CRYPTIC STUDIOS SITES, SERVICES OR SOFTWARE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH CRYPTIC STUDIOS IS TO STOP USING THE SERVICE, AND TO CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT(S).

fact is crashes on an MMO launch day is normal. (and it's pre launch day) it's already running better.
quick question. First MMO?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 01:03 AM
i too have dished out for a digital and collectors edition,
and im soo glad i did
loving it
glad im not the only one xD
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 01:12 AM
Quote: