Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm one of those that have the pre-order with the Constellation with Blue Phasors. I say keep the color change code in the game. It helps in making it looks like Federation ships in fact use phasers instead of disruptors. Or if they are going for canon then remove all other color options from ships uniforms and only allow one model of uniform for everyone with one department color only.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█. NCC-92872 .
TMT Fleet
Commander JohGeiz th'Shrox
Tactical Captain
U.S.S. Rainbow Warrior
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█.. TMT FLEET -.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 03:55 PM
The ability to make my phasers a distinctive yellow has actually been quite helpful. It helps me act as a "focus", letting players in my group know which ship to concentrate fire on.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 12:42 AM
I too would prefer they keep this code in.
It would be nice keeping the weapons on one color even if you change types.

One thing I'd like to know though is if I can set my weapons to phaser color (even if they are disruptors) but keep the quantum torpedoes they normal color.

As an added bonus. When I found out we could do this a though crossed my mind: I have the NX prefix code from my DDE. I could use that prefix and then say my ship is testing experimental weapons and then set my weapons for a non-standard color. My plan was to make them the same color as the tachyon pulse and claim I am using tachyon phasers. Please Cryptic don't ruin my perfect story.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 01:23 AM
This should be fixed. It's not intended and it's basically an exploit. Making Phasers the same green as Disruptors would cause confusion, especially in PvP.

For example: I have some shields that I have in my inventory that reduce damage from Disruptors. In PvP, I might switch them for my current shields if my opponent is using green weapons. If those green weapons aren't actually disruptors, I could end up getting beat on even harder.

I think it was cool for headstart, but now that the game is officially live, it should be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
well, tetryon/plasma weapons have more of a bluish hue to them, basically each weapon type has a different color to help distinguish it from another. as for pink, i dont know, i just know jem'hadar ships shoot purple. >>

If the blue weapons fires coming from a classic connie... then its likely a gamestop employee who cheated and got his copy early since they work there. >>
Or they are dutch and they got there key earlier by mistake. The company thought it was the headstart key and shipped it. Hey who am I to not use it!

Oh yeah and DUTCH people RULE!!
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 01:48 AM
But why should PvE who don't care if disruptors are colored as phasers always have to bend over backwards and get whipped by PvP that have ruined great games like Champions with all their QQ?

The whole argument about it not being canon isn't a valid argument as most things in this game isn't canon, species, ships, weapons, uniforms to name a few.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█. NCC-92872 .
TMT Fleet
Commander JohGeiz th'Shrox
Tactical Captain
U.S.S. Rainbow Warrior
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█.. TMT FLEET -.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahrain
This should be fixed. It's not intended and it's basically an exploit. Making Phasers the same green as Disruptors would cause confusion, especially in PvP.

For example: I have some shields that I have in my inventory that reduce damage from Disruptors. In PvP, I might switch them for my current shields if my opponent is using green weapons. If those green weapons aren't actually disruptors, I could end up getting beat on even harder.

I think it was cool for headstart, but now that the game is officially live, it should be fixed.
I don't think "avoiding confusion" is a solid enouph reason to remove the option, shouldn't the developers encourage ingenuity and tactical decisions on the part of both the offensive and defensive decisions of the player?

Personally, I plan on using the color change option (haven't received my copy of the game yet) to make my phasers, photons, quantums, and the like the colors they were in the series and movies, so it's not like it'll benefit me in any way, but still, that seems a flimsy argument to me.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahrain

Right, because you can totally swap shields IN COMBAT with a ship shooting at you...
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2010, 04:02 AM
Thanks Radiozo, so far they haven't patched it yet. *hopetheydon'tnotice*hint*
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-02-2010, 04:17 AM
Theres a lot of people using a / command that was left in on the engine from Champions.

Im hoping they remove it very soon.