Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 01:00 AM
My guess is they will probably work towards some KOTOR type options - shoot first and different things happen for you IE you don't get rewards OR you aren't aggressive enough and end up getting screwed - might not happen but it would be a nice way to keep the diplomacy part fresh
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostar
Hah! Well, I am not certain how they would introduce a diplomacy mechanic and make it fun, engaging, which of course means non-repetitive.

My only issue with the "shoot first" method is that Star Trek's universe is built on diplomacy, utilizing the local governments, and working within the parameters of its mandates.

I suppose a cheap shot to this 'suggestion' of mine is that we are in a time of war...but it's not only Klingon I've been having to shoot down.
most of the time is someone aligned with the Klingons, or it's the Romulan's, Remans, Borg, and the renegade Jem'Hadar.

but If I was to employ a diplomatic solution, it would be something like kotor. you meet a new ship. unknown to the feds. ( first contact ) then you would have two of three choices on what to say. one choice mite be rude, one mite be nice, and a neutral choice. make it around 5 questions or so. that way if you do say something rude you can still pull it back. if you go all out rude ( bad or what ever ) it will end with a fight, neutral no fight but you get nothing, and maybe if you're nice you will get a gift. now you would mix it up depending on each encounter. ( so one encounter would prefer nice over rude, but another would find niceness a weakness ) that way it not the same each time. ( hint's would be given depending on the opening text, and any text after that. )
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 01:11 AM
Well got no game play today - stuck in loading ques for sector's all day - Good night all just can't wait anymore. Been fun feel free to friend me in game for quests - hanging out with Reasonable people can be an advantage...
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi_Khan
Well got no game play today - stuck in loading ques for sector's all day - Good night all just can't wait anymore. Been fun feel free to friend me in game for quests - hanging out with Reasonable people can be an advantage...
sure sorry you didn't get in. it seems to be across the board. some people are having no problems, and some are have more then their fair share.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 01:15 AM
I honestly have not played KOTOR but now I might have to sample it. The most diplomatic thing I have done so far is go around asking miners why they're so sad and then going back to their boss to fill out his insultingly simple multiple-choice questionnaire of why the workers are so sad. It went something like this:

Q: Are the miners afraid of getting surprise "attacks" from the invaders?
1) It might be somewhere on their list of worries
2) No, they might not admit it openly but they are looking forward to another one of their "special" visits.
3) Are you friggin kidding me?! *smack boss across the head*
Q: Are the miners bored because the holodeck is broken?
1) They still have two thumbs to twiddle, right?
2) Nah...they're having so much fun with those invaders behind that boulder over there *points*
3) I'm this close to calling Starflleet on your sorry a**!!
Q: *Ahems* Do the miners like the long, drawn out, back breaking, dangerous hours of which they work tiredlessly, without food, and below minimum break time allowances?
1) Well, I'm sure they feel that the only good miner is a dead miner...or a working miner...or something.
2) They said they don't care as long as they can take home the invaders...something about a party?
3) Err...I just called Starfleet...and umm...You sir, are fired.

I seriously hope something more engaging and less mind numbing happens that shows something that can amount to diplomacy.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 01:15 AM
I'm not sure what's wrong with sector space...

but definitely agree with everything else. Especially a bigger wardrobe. I finally got access to a second outfit and the first thing I did is make something that looked somewhat casual.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostar
I honestly have not played KOTOR but now I might have to sample it. The most diplomatic thing I have done so far is go around asking miners why they're so sad and then going back to their boss to fill out his insultingly simple multiple-choice questionnaire of why the workers are so sad. It went something like this:

Q: Are the miners afraid of getting surprise "attacks" from the invaders?
1) It might be somewhere on their list of worries
2) No, they might not admit it openly but they are looking forward to another one of their "special" visits.
3) Are you friggin kidding me?! *smack boss across the head*
Q: Are the miners bored because the holodeck is broken?
1) They still have two thumbs to twiddle, right?
2) Nah...they're having so much fun with those invaders behind that boulder over there *points*
3) I'm this close to calling Starflleet on your sorry a**!!
Q: *Ahems* Do the miners like the long, drawn out, back breaking, dangerous hours of which they work tiredlessly, without breaks, and below minimum break time allowances?
1) Well, I'm sure they feel that the only good miner is a dead miner...or a working miner...or something.
2) They said they don't care as long as they can take home the invaders...something about a party?
3) Err...I just called Starfleet...and umm...You sir, are fired.

I seriously hope something more engaging and less mind numbing happens that shows something that can amount to diplomacy.
yea something like that. now granted we most likely are not going to get that with in the next few months, but it would be cool for a 6 month patch or something.